FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it security vulnerability to access cPanel through proxy

shkhanal
Is it possible that I'm compromising the security if I access cPanel through proxy browsers? I'm afraid, if it is the cause of getting my site hacked?

Thank you friends for sharing your experience.
k_s_baskar
In my opinion using web proxy is not safe for accessing cpanel.
Smile
shkhanal
last month I accessed cPanel through web proxy since I could not access my site directly (ISP's problem) and one week ago my site got hacked. I suspect if it is due to my access through proxy.

Could it be OK to access through desktop proxy applications? Or they too might leak the passwords!
albuferque
isn't CPanel using HTTPS?, if not then you should NOT trust your Proxy and change passwords regularly from another connection point.
hunnyhiteshseth
Even if Cpanel is using https, the data is passing through proxy which may record the user activity and potentially username & password typed at your end.
ocalhoun
Only if you trust the proxy.
FunDa
shkhanal wrote:
last month I accessed cPanel through web proxy since I could not access my site directly (ISP's problem) and one week ago my site got hacked. I suspect if it is due to my access through proxy.

Could it be OK to access through desktop proxy applications? Or they too might leak the passwords!

Which proxy did u use ? Was it a proxy website ?

I don't trust using proxy sites fro logging in to anything with a password. Luckily, I have an unrestricted internet connection and never had the trouble of sites being blocked. i know several of my friends use proxies to get on facebook and other social networking sites, but I don't know how much u can trust such sites with passwords, let alone your cPanel password.