FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Stand-up comedians?

shiningwizard
I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in.

So who's your favorite Stand-up comedian? Mine's Jerry Seinfeld. He's just great.

I also like Dane Cook.

George Carlin's fine as well - after a while, it's just the same thing over and over but it's still good.
deanhills
Hugh Laurie (known in the States as Dr. House) and Stephen Fry in British comedy. They did quite a number of shows together. Here is a photo from the "A bit of Fry and Laurie" BBC series.
shiningwizard
Hmm.. who doesn't know Hugh Laurie? Very Happy But I didn't know he did comedy..

I forgot to mention Jeff Dunham in my earlier post.. he's pretty great as well.

BTW, how is Ed Byrne? Is he good?
slashnburn99
Michael Mcintyre

Saw him couple of days ago, great on DVD

Live outstanding
rogue_skydragon
Russel Peters is hilarious. He's the only Indian stand-up comedian I know.

John Leguazamo used to be pretty good.
kriszara
I love stand up comedians
Eddie Murphy was good when he was still doing stand up, Sam Kinnison was brilliant
Dane Cook is good
Tim Allen's stand up before he started doing TV was really good
Ron White is much wittier than you would expect

I just noticed I don't have any female comedians (comediannes?) on my list, someone suggest some women please.
PleoMaster

Lee evans just amazing Very Happy
mgeek
shiningwizard wrote:

So who's your favorite Stand-up comedian? Mine's Jerry Seinfeld. He's just great.

I also like Dane Cook.

George Carlin's fine as well - after a while, it's just the same thing over and over but it's still good.

I like the guys from "Whose Line Is That?"
mattyj
my favourite standups are

Ed Byrne (ireland), Arj Barker (usa), Stephen K Amos (england), Adam Hilles (australia)

Oh and George Carlin when he was alive was one of the funniest men going around

Jeff Foxworthy is pretty good value too
mattyj
mgeek wrote:
shiningwizard wrote:

I also like Dane Cook.

I like the guys from "Whose Line Is That?"

I believe the show is called "Whose Line Is It Anyway" Smile
silverdown
I have a few

• Raphy May
  • Jeff Foxworthy & Larry the cable guy
  • Jeff Dunam

I have more but that are the ones i can name Laughing
EximiusNero
I agree on Russel Peters, that guy's amazing. Also, Ricky Gervais, his bible bit is hilarious!
binsmyth
I have not seen many stand up comedians but I think russell peter is also really good. He has some very good jokes.
Silayon
Russel Peters has got to be my favorite stand-up comedian xD

Eddie Murphy was also a very awesome stand-up comedian before Razz

I'm not really fond of Jerry Seinfeld, and I don't really see how he's one of the world's favorite stand-up.

I like many other comedians too, just a bit too much to list Razz
PleoMaster
does anyone not agree with me with lee evans been one of the funniest comedians up to date?
SunD3R
Russell Peters is definitely my favourite comedian because he deals with serious issues such as racism and childhood upbringing. The guy who does "ahmed the dead terrorist" is pretty good too.
Ophois
The American hero, Bill Hicks.
He was an innovator, and just brutally honest. He influenced many who came after him, and surely many more to come. Tragically, he died at the age of 32 in 1994. His star didn't shine very long, but it did shine bright.
RIP Bill...

Here is a good clip for anyone interested.

Crazy_Canuck
I like the old guys too ... George Carlin (may he rest in peace) was absolutely phenomenal.

I saw Robin Williams in concert once, and he was absolutely amazing. Such a quick mind, but I think he kind of burnt out.

Lily Tomlin is an incredible comedienne and really under-rated.

And by far my fave right now is Stephen Wright. His take on life is completely absurd and his dead-pan delivery is unbelievable.
georgeodowd
I have to second the nods to Fry & Laurie and Ricky Gervais. Those guys are amazing comedians.

I think on the up-and-coming list I'm going to have to nominate my co-workers, too. Very Happy
Enterprise
Eddie Izzard. Only comedian I have ever liked, wouldn't be surprised if he's the only one I ever will like. Most tick me off with their incessant douche-baggery.
malcolmpreen
My favourite all time has to be Billy Connolly.... a slightly acquired taste perhaps.... but his sense of humour is definitely in tune with mine.

Current favourites are Russell Howard, Dara O'Briain (sp?) and Frankie Boyle - kind of makes "Mock the Week" a MUST watch for me !!!

Malcolm
todabeat
george carlin hands down
snowboardalliance
Demetri Martin for sure. Surprised he hasn't been mentioned at all yet. I just like that he is really smart and makes short jokes that are really clever. His TV show is pretty good
Dean_The_Great
I like Jeremy Hotz, Russell Peters and a whole bunch of others that escape me right now. I also like the older comedy of Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams and Tim Allen.