FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What is wrong? HELP!





Dennise
My home-page has two bugs and I am at witts end trying to figure out what is wrong.

1. A header table at the top of my home page page has a background image in the 1st row. This image appears OK in design mode and OK in FireFox. The image does NOT appear in Internet Explorer. I'm at a loss to understand why.

2. In both FireFox and Internet Explorer, when referring to this home page from other pages, only the header table appears (without the table background image in IE). The rest of the page does not appear ..... only meaningless icons where the page content should be. External page links to my home page are correct and the home page header table appears when clicking the home page line, but the content does not.

HELP! I'm using DW3 and I'm really stuck. I think my home page CSS code may be screwed up.

Here's my code:

Code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Mountain Pine Photo Frames and More</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.picinframe {  position: absolute; visibility: visible; z-index: 2; height: auto; width: auto; left: 20px; top: 100px; clip:  rect(   )}
.kellerbg {  position: absolute; visibility: visible; z-index: 1; clip:  rect(   )}
.header {  position: absolute; z-index: 2; height: auto; width: 90%; left: 5%; top: 5%; clip:  rect(   )}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<img src="/Graphics/FrameOnly1.jpg" width="496" height="370" class="picinframe" style="left: 207px; top: 477px">
<table width="90%" border="2" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" height="80" class="header">
  <tr valign="top" background="Graphics/mountains/pinesnowstretch4.jpg">
    <td colspan="6" height="79">
      <h3 align="right">
        <pre><font size="6" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Mountain Pine Photo Frames and More    </font></pre>
      </h3>
    </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td height="35" width="13%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="index.htm">Home</a></div>
    </td>
    <td height="35" width="15%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="photos.htm">Photos</a></div>
    </td>
    <td height="35" width="16%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="frames.htm">Frames</a></div>
    </td>
    <td height="35" width="24%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="restoration.htm">Restoration</a></div>
    </td>
    <td height="35" width="14%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="contact.php">Contact Us</a></div>
    </td>
    <td height="35" width="18%" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <div align="center"><a class="nucolor" href="otherTBD.htm">Links</a></div>
    </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td height="35" colspan="6" bgcolor="#99FFFF">
      <p align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF"><b><font size="3" color="#336633">Here
        you will find hand crafted photo frames, like the one you see below, and
        unique photos. Looking for 13&quot; X 19&quot;<a href="frames.htm"> frames</a>?
        Make sure you check out our hard to find rustic 13&quot; X 19&quot; mountain
        pine frames that are constructed from 100% real wood. They are available
        in several stain colors.</font></b></font></p>
      <p align="center"><font color="#336633" size="3"><b>Have a look around.
        Coming is also a restoration service to correct your photo flaws.</b></font></p>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
<img src="/Graphics/KellerPeakLR3.jpg" width="1294" height="1060">
</body>
</html>
Crying or Very sad
babarus
strange......! i think i can help you. but when i will get home....
before 2-3 days contact me ...!
Peterssidan
Dennise wrote:
1. A header table at the top of my home page page has a background image in the 1st row. This image appears OK in design mode and OK in FireFox. The image does NOT appear in Internet Explorer. I'm at a loss to understand why.

Apparently IE don't the background attribute on tr tag. You can move it to the td tag below and it will display. It also seems to work if you set the background in css
Code:
...
  <tr valign="top" style="background-image:url('Graphics/mountains/pinesnowstretch4.jpg')">
...


Your second problem is a bit strange. What do you mean by icons?
Dennise
Peterssidan,

Thanks for you help.

For #1, your suggestion to move the table background attribute to the td tag below worked. The BG image now appears both in FF and IE.

For #2, the 'icons' appear where the missing images should be. For some reason, I had to make these image links relative to the "document" instead of "site root" " which I normally use. I think this has something to do with my CSS code.

Anyway, my home page seems to be working now in both FF and IE including external links to my home page.

Thanks again to your timely help
Peterssidan wrote:
Dennise wrote:
1. A header table at the top of my home page page has a background image in the 1st row. This image appears OK in design mode and OK in FireFox. The image does NOT appear in Internet Explorer. I'm at a loss to understand why.

Apparently IE don't the background attribute on tr tag. You can move it to the td tag below and it will display. It also seems to work if you set the background in css
Code:
...
  <tr valign="top" style="background-image:url('Graphics/mountains/pinesnowstretch4.jpg')">
...


Your second problem is a bit strange. What do you mean by icons?
Wink
Peterssidan
Dennise wrote:
For #2, the 'icons' appear where the missing images should be. For some reason, I had to make these image links relative to the "document" instead of "site root" " which I normally use. I think this has something to do with my CSS code.


If you start the url with / it will be relative to the "site root". Otherwise it's relative to the "document".
wanshi
Peterssidan wrote:
Dennise wrote:
1. A header table at the top of my home page page has a background image in the 1st row. This image appears OK in design mode and OK in FireFox. The image does NOT appear in Internet Explorer. I'm at a loss to understand why.

Apparently IE don't the background attribute on tr tag. You can move it to the td tag below and it will display. It also seems to work if you set the background in css
Code:
...
  <tr valign="top" style="background-image:url('Graphics/mountains/pinesnowstretch4.jpg')">
...



just it is, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Design Tips

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.