FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium as OEM Download

deanhills
I recently purchased Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium as OEM and wow, was that an awful experience when I actually tried to install it. Web Premium includes Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, Contribute CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Acrobat 8.

It was a humungous bundle of almost 2GB to download, which I could manage, but the actual installation did not work out well at all, as well as caused some of my existing software to conflict. In the end I de-installed everything and have not tried it again ... that obviously turned into a huge waste, as I actually paid for the OEM download.

Has anyone else tried this Bundle, and what have your experiences been?
Kashinilaya
I'm affraid this OEM thing is not legal...

Is it much cheaper than the one offered in the Adobe site? I once asked a vendor of Adobe OEM software (that was much cheaper than the original one) by e-mail about the legality of it and got as an answer that it was legal, but I would not be able to register it. Odd, isn't it?

But if it is really legal, I would like to have a premium suite. If anybody knows for sure, please share with us.
Bielhelm
This Software is soooo expensive... about 1000 EUR if you buy it. I would not even install one of those components, because it lasts and lasts and lasts, and after thirty days you have to remove it.
You even don΄t know what kind of backdoor-openers ADOBE is using... i would guess, that there is
more than just an installation.
Many Software nowadays is "calling home". It would be better for testing to install the files wisely in a
virtual machine, not giving permission to network and put after the install on the "kiosk mode"... every time you shutdown the virtual machine it is "resetted" and all changes are wiped out.
Thats the way to test... even when the virtual machine is resetted... to last month...
Kashinilaya
deanhills wrote:
I recently purchased Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium as OEM and wow, was that an awful experience when I actually tried to install it. Web Premium includes Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, Contribute CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Acrobat 8.

It was a humungous bundle of almost 2GB to download, which I could manage, but the actual installation did not work out well at all, as well as caused some of my existing software to conflict. In the end I de-installed everything and have not tried it again ... that obviously turned into a huge waste, as I actually paid for the OEM download.

Has anyone else tried this Bundle, and what have your experiences been?

I learned that you have to unistall every individual software that belongs to the CS3 Suite before attempting to installing the Suite. Good luck!