FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Muse! Who loves them too?

Denvis
I've only just recently started listening to some of their songs. They rock! Very Happy

About a couple weeks ago, a mate of mine sent me couple of their songs...

• Hysteria – Muse
• Supermassive black hole – Muse
• Starlight – Muse
• Knights of Cydonia – Muse

I really like them Cool

Does anybody else listen to them? If so, list some of your favourite songs produced by Muse.
shiningwizard
I like them. Not a big fan (don't care much for their earlier work) but I like them.

Check out "Exogenesis" from their latest album, The Resistance.
mikakiev
Butterflies and Hurricanes, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, they are favorite of mine. From the album Absolution.
I'm a big fun of them from their 1st album Showbiz.
Their gig was also great. I'd say enjoyable, though I went only once, it was in the UK.
To my surprise, they included Kiev in Ukraine(where I have lived recent years) for their tour! It was maybe 2years ago and I couldn't go... How sad I was to miss such a great opportunity.
Such a group usually doesn't come to Ukraine while they are popular. So I was astonished when I found their schedule. Oh, I missed a big event...
_AVG_
They're sensational!

Songs like Bliss, Assassin, Knights of Cydonia and Supermassive Blackhole are all time favourites.

I also love Butterflies and Hurricanes, their House of the Rising Sun cover, Starlight, Shrinking Universe, Eternally Missed, New Born and The Groove.

I especially like their keyboardist ... he uses awesome synths and very advanced techniques which are quite hard to play (but they sound so melodic!)

My favourite album is Black Holes and Revelations. But Absolution and Origin of Symmetry are also really good. Anyway, I'm getting into Resistance at the moment.
mikakiev
Resistance,

I nearly laughed when I first listened to it and heard the word "United States of" in the first song.
_AVG_
Yeah. I know. United States of Eurasia. It's a good song.
Subsonic Sound
shiningwizard wrote:
I like them. Not a big fan (don't care much for their earlier work) but I like them.

Oddly enough, I'd go entirely the opposite direction. I love their earlier stuff, but think in recent years they're losing their way. Of course, it's a positive thing for bands to experiment and grow, and I wish them the best of success with their new direction, I'm just not particularly interested anymore.

I'd advise you to check out Sunburn, Citizen Erased, New Born, Bliss, Plug In Baby... basically anything from their first and second albums. Mostly their second album, it really was their pinnacle.

I really didn't like Eurasia - it sounds like they're trying far, far too hard to be Queen. Only Queen will ever be Queen.
Mihkel
Some songs are quite good but i don't know which ones becouse i'm listening them radio sometimes. I always hear that Muse is artist but never hear song names. I have downloaded their one album also but itδs not my type.
Radar
Have a number of friends who really like them, and have suggested them to me at one time or another.

From my vague recollection, they do sound like the sort of band I could get into. No doubt one day a thread like this, or someone playing them in real life, will finally convince me to go and check them out.
adri
Muse - Uprising is doing well in the hitcharts. I like the song but it's not my favorite song at the moment.

Adri
mikakiev
Subsonic Sound wrote:
shiningwizard wrote:

Oddly enough, I'd go entirely the opposite direction. I love their earlier stuff, but think in recent years they're losing their way. Of course, it's a positive thing for bands to experiment and grow, and I wish them the best of success with their new direction, I'm just not particularly interested anymore.

I'd advise you to check out Sunburn, Citizen Erased, New Born, Bliss, Plug In Baby... basically anything from their first and second albums. Mostly their second album, it really was their pinnacle.

I really didn't like Eurasia - it sounds like they're trying far, far too hard to be Queen. Only Queen will ever be Queen.

I kind of understand what you feel. I prefer old albums too.
However, I think they would provide fun in their gigs. Now songs mightn't for... " listening on my own again and again".
Klaw 2
I like muse a lot I prefer their aboslution album and origin of symmetry, those are the two i listen the most to but I also listen a lot to thire other albums.
David_Pardy
I've liked Muse for a while but I'm starting to get really bored of them. None of their new stuff has really won me over, not because it's a change in sound, but because it just seems like they've already run out of ideas.
Xanify
I love Muse. Very Happy Uprising is my current favourite - sure, it might be derivative, as my music-savvy friends point out, but it's catchy.

And they are fantastic live.
todabeat
cant say that i love them. but they are good.
Enterprise
I like Muse, but only in playlists, you know? Like, I have three albums, but I can only listen to them when the songs are mixed it with other artists, for some reason it annoys me to listen to only them for too long.
gverutes
I like Muse a lot. As a bassist, I especially like their bass player. The distortion he uses on his sounds is very unique and works well with the rest of the bands style. I saw them play in NYC about 6 years ago and it was one of the best shows I've seen in a while!
slashnburn99
Me if you like them you may now they played at their home town

Check out below

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB271GB271&q=you+tube+muse+teignmouth+gig&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=3buOS7v7N8yQjAeb04WhCw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA8QqwQwAA#
The-Nisk
Muse are awesome, seen them live once (best day ever) and going to see them live again this summer. They're probably the best band live, ever.

if you're new to their music, check out:
Exo-politics
Citizen Erased
Map Of The Problematique
Stockholm Syndrome
Time Is Running Out (a must listen)
Denvis
Yeah! Their new album rocks! The Resistance !!!
snowboardalliance
madmanout wrote:
I would love to see them perform live someday. Still haven't had the chance to do so. I consider them as one of the greatest bands out there.

Definitely worth it. They aren't even my favorite band but I saw them live for the first time and it was amazing. I've always liked them, but they put on a really good show. They don't really play much in the US. When they do it's very select locations. Anyway, I'd see them again given the opportunity