FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Burning to disc

Tony The Tiger
I have Imation 700MB CD-R discs and a CD-DVD/R drive on my Hewlett Packard Pavillion DV9000T laptop computer with Windows Vista home premium edition. I am trying to open the disc in Windows explorer, but its properties is showing zero disc space for some reason. Thus, the disc does not open although it is appearing in explorer. Since the disc won't open, I am unable to save files to it. What can I do. I am not even able to reformat the disc. I do not know what is wrong.
saratdear
I don't know why you can't open the disc, but for me also, when I enter a blank disc, it shows the free space as 0 bytes and total space also as 0 bytes (I have XP). And I have no problem in writing files to the disc. Have you tried using any other software like Nero?
weableandbob
yeah, I think it needs to have something written on it to show how much memory is on it, but it should still write fine.
k_s_baskar
Try using some softwares made for handling CD/DVD writing like Nero or win on cd. I think this will solve your problem.
Smile
Tony The Tiger
My hard drive/mother board crashed. I will have to send back my laptop to Hewlett Packard. They will wipe out the hard drive and restore it to original factory settings. When I get my restored computer back, I will try to write to the disk. It is possible that the disc was failing because of something else that finally blew up the whole system. Maybe I will be able to write files to my CDs when I get my computer back.
k_s_baskar
Tony The Tiger wrote:
My hard drive/mother board crashed. I will have to send back my laptop to Hewlett Packard. They will wipe out the hard drive and restore it to original factory settings. When I get my restored computer back, I will try to write to the disk. It is possible that the disc was failing because of something else that finally blew up the whole system. Maybe I will be able to write files to my CDs when I get my computer back.

Try to softwares like nero buring which works fine comparing to default buring option in windows operating system. I storngly suggest to make image of your drives using software like GHOST (Norton) and burn the image in cd or DVDs or take this backups in different hard disks so that you can easly restore your os and other data immedly after receving your system from service centre.
Good luck
Smile
Tony The Tiger
k_s_baskar wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Try to softwares like nero buring which works fine comparing to default buring option in windows operating system. I storngly suggest to make image of your drives using software like GHOST (Norton) and burn the image in cd or DVDs or take this backups in different hard disks so that you can easly restore your os and other data immedly after receving your system from service centre.
Good luck
Smile

Actually, the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader now reads my IRS .pdfs that I had trouble reading previously. I am now satisfied with the software on my computer for this purpose.