FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error on start computer

sonam
Last weeks when I start my computer I got (not all times) one strange error. On my screen I can read:

Seccondary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed.
CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded

When I press F1 computer start to load Windows normaly.

Any sugestion is welcome.

Sonam
Marcuzzo
your IDE cable may be a bit loose...
have you tried reseating the cable?

I searched on google and this one has the same error message and shows it as Solved
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/win-98-me-support/174595-solved-secondary-ide-channel-no-80-conductor-cable-installed.html
sonam
Tahnks for the link. I am read all the posts and I am preety sure the problem is comming up because battery is gone and my computerr show date and time few years ago. Confused

Sonam
bloodrider
sonam wrote:

CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded
Sonam

This kind of error, normally indicates that the motherboard battery is depleted, you only have to replace it with a new one, and your problem will be solved Wink
sonam
bloodrider wrote:

This kind of error, normally indicates that the motherboard battery is depleted, you only have to replace it with a new one, and your problem will be solved Wink

Yeah, I am 99% sure it is battery but now I haven't time to replace it. I will do it after few days and then I will post is this solve the problem.

Sonam