FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

general chat

ocalhoun
Helios wrote:

We keep seeing a lot of reports about topics which don't belong to this forum, and as a result the team works hard on moving those topics to the right forums.

Dear users, please read the descriptions of each forum and if you're not sure where to post, ask a moderator or simply post where it is most likely should be in your opinion, but keep the General Chat as the last option to choose from.

Thanks in advance.

If the general chat forum should be the last option to choose, should it not also be the last option on the page?
I suspect much of the problem is that when someone is trying to find a place for their new thread, the General Chat section is the first one they see that works.

Sure, some will still scroll down to the bottom to find it because they're to lazy to consider where it might go, but if they at least have to scroll past all the other forums, the one where it fits better might catch their eye.
Ghost Rider103
This has been suggested many times before. Though I completely agree with it, I doubt it will happen.

I personally think all the programming/design forums should be at the top, since the majority of Frihost's members are programmers/designers. But none of this will happen until someone changes some of the forum categories up. They need to be re-organized so we don't have some many repeats of each subject.

I hope it will happen, along with re-organizing everything but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Though I'm sure it's on the list.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I personally think all the programming/design forums should be at the top, since the majority of Frihost's members are programmers/designers. But none of this will happen until someone changes some of the forum categories up. They need to be re-organized so we don't have some many repeats of each subject.
Totally agreed, however I would be inclined to put Frihost Support at the top. IT and related IT second after that and then lifestyle, philosophy and news third followed by science. Also, the IT section needs to be completely revamped so that it can be more logical. I tried to post in it a couple of weeks ago, and it is very confusing, and as a result of cause is losing in contributions, not only by newbies, but also very talented IT Frihosters who can teach us a lot through their experience. Everyone seems to be posting under the sub-forum "software".

Agreed, the Chat Forum should definitely be at the bottom.
Hogwarts
deanhills wrote:
Everyone seems to be posting under the sub-forum "software".

Saying that, there are several more programming/etc. related forums which should be in existence, but for some reason are not Sad
Ghost Rider103
Yes, we are in huge need of some new forums and some forums to be changed and or deleted.

For example, we have quite a few forums that are being used for photography. People use Personal Pictures Gallery, Personal Art Gallery, Filmmaking and Graphics, and Funny Pictures. I've even seen a few people post photography related subjects in the Design Tips forum. So something definitely needs to be fixed.

With Helios making the sticky reminding people to read the description, that should help on people posting everything in the General Chat. I hope so anyways.
truespeed
Sport never gets used,music rarely gets used,movies and tv the same,perhaps all these could be put under some umbrella category of entertainment. I am sure that is the case with some others as well, perhaps it needs someone to go through them and merge and rename some.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Sport never gets used,music rarely gets used,movies and tv the same,perhaps all these could be put under some umbrella category of entertainment. I am sure that is the case with some others as well, perhaps it needs someone to go through them and merge and rename some.
Maybe they need to be revived. Like the middle-child that is nowhere, they are sort of hidden. I like the separation of movies and music. Maybe we just need to get activity going. Wonder whether it could be an idea to put them up right at the top where the "Chat" is now and see how that affects postings in those forums, just for a couple of weeks.