FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recent downtime...?

wombatrpgs
Hey, just noticed the site (and all of server 3) went down for an extended period yesterday... I was just wondering what that was all about. (Looks like everything's normal now)
metalfreek
I think it is due to DDOS attack. Admin has some information in his blog. You can find more information here http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-109821.html
Peterssidan
But this was after he wrote the DDOS post.
There was already a topic about this: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110344.html
wombatrpgs
Oh, sorry, checked the wrong forum and didn't realize there was a topic already... Anyway, looked like it was independent of the previous attack anyway, which is what the blog was about. And only DNS on Server 3 affected.
malcolmpreen
I don't know if this is related... but tonight I am having major problems with the forum... It is very slow to load (sometimes loading a blank page - reload works OK). Could this be another DDOS ?

Malcolm
coreymanshack
malcolmpreen wrote:
I don't know if this is related... but tonight I am having major problems with the forum... It is very slow to load (sometimes loading a blank page - reload works OK). Could this be another DDOS ?

Malcolm

same here.
inphurno
i say plenty of weird things including too many connections, error messages from phpbb and other stuff like clicking on links in the forum and then being prompted to download a php file, if its another attack that's very disappointing.... Sad no errors now but I wish I had copied some of the errors down to help out
Bondings
Yes indeed, the server is acting weird lately. Might be still some effects of the DDOS. At least the daily bandwidth the server serves every day, has doubled since 30 September, which isn't normal.
inphurno
is there anything that we as regular frihosters can do to help the situation?
Bondings
@inphurno, unfortunately not. However it seems to be a lot better now.
wombatrpgs
Yeah, I was noticing the PHP weirdness, but it's not to the same effect. Is this restricted to servers 2 and 3...? I've been noticing on the status thing server 1 hardly ever seems to be affected.