FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

bluetooth joystick

sigT
Has anyone tried a Zeemote JS1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em9ZqQ0gi5M , or maybe some analogous joystick with a PC? It is supposed to be used for mobile phone gaming but I wonder if it's possible to use it as a mouse replacement on a Linux laptop.

In fact, I'm just looking for a wireless joystick to use in Linux. If you know any, please give links.
Clarke
I certainly hope you can purchase those to work with computers! Why, such a device could be brilliant for presentations or for merely using as a mouse when watching media from a short distance -- such as when using a media PC in conjunction with your television Smile

Have any developments been made on this? I'm also interested, especially if this would work with Linux. Saying that, it wouldn't be too difficult to put something together if there was no other way, but it would be nice to have an out-of-the-box solution ready to go Smile
sigT
Perfect! I'm glad you believe this device would work. I agree with all your remarks. In fact, I have similar ideas in mind. What I would like to know before buying it, is whether it would function in linux at all. It was said to be compatible with Nokia phones. Neither different phone makes nor computer OSes were mentioned. The fact is, Bluetooth devices might get tricky to set up under linux. On the other hand, Bluetooth controllers like mice or joysticks work using relatively simple protocols compared to, say, mobile phones, which increases chances of a new controller device being at least partially supported by the existing linux kernel modules. However, before buying, I'd like to have some more information related to this device.