FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Page Rank and It’s SEO Strategies

randhir
Introduction

Page Rank is very important for any site, so that it is also important to know SEO Strategies for page rank. Basically page rank is a number or numerical value that shows how important your site or your blog in the search engine. It is depends on the traffic of your site also. The major factor for page rank is your site’s inbound links.

How can you increase the page rank of your site?

It is not very difficult to get PR 2 or 3, if you are using right SEO Strategies. Start your site promotion with book marking. If you have a blog, than you have to update regularly. If you have a site, add an article page on your site. Write new and unique articles for your site, the article must be related to your site theme and the articles must be informative. Add article on your site. Start book marking those articles in some good book marking site. If you have a blog, start submitting your blog in different blog directories. This is very true that Google give PR early to blog instead of web site. But it’s not mean that web site can not hold PR in two or three months. Try to get backlinks from very good and high PR sites. The site, in which you want to give your site link, must have less outbound links.

It is not important that high PR sites come first in search results. Some times low PR sites come first in search results. It is happened because of popularity of your site and keyword selection of your site. Always select relevant keyword for your site. All these SEO Strategies are important for your blog as well as your site.
rajeeb
this is a good post but this is a open secret. Who doesn't know that you need back link, new article and blah... blahhh....
What you actually need is that you need to be always with your website. You need to constantly look what your competitors are doing and most important thing is patience.

If you want to be on the top of search query and get good PR then a lot of patience is the most.

Thanx for the post
riccopt
Quote:
Page Rank is very important for any site

that is not true!!
what is important is not the PR is how your site relates to the content...
PR is not related to any TERMS... you can have a site that is PR5... but when someone searches for the term that are important for your site it will not show your site on the results, but will show sites with lower PR...
you can have low PR and high traffic... or high PR with low traffic...
it is actually about the traffic!!!
that is what you should aim for...
PR IS WORTHLESS!!!!
wanshi
randhir wrote:
Try to get backlinks from very good and high PR sites. The site, in which you want to give your site link, must have less outbound links.

just work hard for it, need more inbound links that have a good quality……
distantship
Quote:
Basically page rank is a number or numerical value that shows how important your site or your blog in the search engine.
No, not for any search engine, just google!

Quote:
It is depends on the traffic of your site also.
I can't agree with that. I've seen many high pr domain or even expired domains hold their pr even though they got no traffic at all and Alexa rank = N/A, it is proven that traffic has little to no value on Page Rank.

Quote:
The major factor for page rank is your site’s inbound links.
To be exact, the main factor for page rank is the QUALITY OF INBOUND LINKS. There are lots of websites with thousands and thousands backlink but their PR still = 0

Quote:
Start your site promotion with book marking.
Nearly all bookmarking sites on the web are NO-FOLLOW LINKS, therefore, you won't get PR link juice from bookmarking site, just backlinks, traffic or get google crawls you site faster, that's it.

Quote:
If you have a blog, than you have to update regularly. If you have a site, add an article page on your site.
Again, unique and fresh content can only help google to index more pages from your site, it should have nothing to do with increasing PR.

Quote:
Write new and unique articles for your site, the article must be related to your site theme and the articles must be informative. Add article on your site. Start book marking those articles in some good book marking site.
Again, what you are suggesting is only helpful for ranking, related ariticles with the right sets of keywords density....it's called on page optimization I'm afraid. And bookmarking these articles only get you a few more backlinks, again....really not much help for page rank.

Quote:

Try to get backlinks from very good and high PR sites. The site, in which you want to give your site link, must have less outbound links.
It's not always true that the less outbound links the site is the more link juice would pass on your site, it's about inbound/outbound links proportion in my opinion. Let's say there is a highly established pr9 websites with authority and has thousands and thousands of inbound links, if it got a few hundreds of outbound links, what does that mean? It quite normal I would say.
spring567
SEO is difficult for me.
biznacho
What about strategies for pages with simple content - like mostly images?

Example: http://rsfineart.net

I'd like to know how to better use meta tags to get better page rankings. Specifically I'd like to know how to get better (any!) search results on the artists' name "Joe Andoe" when that is the only search term.

Thanks!
the-guide
spring567 wrote:
SEO is difficult for me.

ME TOO!!! Smile In fact it's not too difficult but it need hard work and a lot more time! And unfortunately I'm a lazy man! So.... Very Happy
riccopt
spring567 wrote:
SEO is difficult for me.

SEO is hard for everyone... specially without networking...
inphurno
riccopt wrote:
Quote:
Page Rank is very important for any site

that is not true!!
what is important is not the PR is how your site relates to the content...
PR is not related to any TERMS... you can have a site that is PR5... but when someone searches for the term that are important for your site it will not show your site on the results, but will show sites with lower PR...
you can have low PR and high traffic... or high PR with low traffic...
it is actually about the traffic!!!
that is what you should aim for...
PR IS WORTHLESS!!!!

I mostly agree with riccopt but i think it goes further then ignoring PR and focusing on traffic, you need to focus on getting the type of traffic you want plus depending on the type of site you have concentrate on getting conversions. its great to have lots of people come to your site and even link back to you if your site's focus is to educate people. but let say the purpose of your site is to sell toasters and you have tons of traffic and back links but no one can figure out how to buy the toasters on the site then your site is a failure.

Pr is nice, traffic is good, getting the traffic you wanted is even better but making conversions should be the focus of your site. whatever a conversion for you is, whether its selling toasters or getting people to sign up for a blood drive you should concentrate your efforts on that.
blacksoft
page rank is imperative to a website , page rank can increase if u r follow step by step seo strategies.
on page
off page
and prevent from black hat seo techniqe.
<link removed>
christaker
There are several ways to get backlinks, including but not limited to link exchange, blog commenting and forum posting. Good content and themed based oneway links help to increase page rank..but do quality and relevant link exchange.
airh3ad
A big question is there a chance to increase a PR on if your site using sub domain?
bacati55
randhir wrote:
Introduction

Page Rank is very important for any site, so that it is also important to know SEO Strategies for page rank. Basically page rank is a number or numerical value that shows how important your site or your blog in the search engine. It is depends on the traffic of your site also. The major factor for page rank is your site’s inbound links.

How can you increase the page rank of your site?

It is not very difficult to get PR 2 or 3, if you are using right SEO Strategies. Start your site promotion with book marking. If you have a blog, than you have to update regularly. If you have a site, add an article page on your site. Write new and unique articles for your site, the article must be related to your site theme and the articles must be informative. Add article on your site. Start book marking those articles in some good book marking site. If you have a blog, start submitting your blog in different blog directories. This is very true that Google give PR early to blog instead of web site. But it’s not mean that web site can not hold PR in two or three months. Try to get backlinks from very good and high PR sites. The site, in which you want to give your site link, must have less outbound links.

It is not important that high PR sites come first in search results. Some times low PR sites come first in search results. It is happened because of popularity of your site and keyword selection of your site. Always select relevant keyword for your site. All these SEO Strategies are important for your blog as well as your site.

Hello Mr. Randhir

The information you have provided is nice and knowledgeable.
I have made blog even done social bookmarking and doing form posting also.
Lets hope my website soon get better page rank.

Thanks
A2zchild
nepalstar
Knowledge of SEO is really essential for web developers but it always makes me confusing. I think without depth knowledge of SEO we can't get higher page rank of our site, so I'm trying to learn about SEO hope I'll be able to get knowledge of SEO for my site.
funyug
I could not understand how google gives pr.
prcys
funyug wrote:

Google has decided particular algorithm for assigning the pagerank. First google valued each page of the site separately and then after by some calculation , it decides the whole site page rank. For getting the higher value of the page, one need to provide the quality and meaningful content , to get the quality inbound links , reduce the bounce rate and to get more quality traffic But the most important thing for getting traffic is to provide the quality.
sowmya
Thanks for sharing this valuable information which is really excellent. It have been helped me to know some of the concepts regarding seo process. Page rank plays a very important role in the process of seo.
nepalstar
prcys wrote:
funyug wrote:

Google has decided particular algorithm for assigning the pagerank. First google valued each page of the site separately and then after by some calculation , it decides the whole site page rank. For getting the higher value of the page, one need to provide the quality and meaningful content , to get the quality inbound links , reduce the bounce rate and to get more quality traffic But the most important thing for getting traffic is to provide the quality.

Thanks for sharing this useful information...! some months ago in Google PR update I got PR1 and in next update I lost that PR, PR1 to PR0 and the latest update which happened on August 2nd, 2012 I again success to get PR1 for my site http://mcqQuestions.com hope in next future update it will be increase...!