FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Heroes of Newerth anyone?

amperx
its kinda old but just to share, anybody heard of Heroes of Newerth?

the game based off from DOTA the custom map from Warcraft, you should check it out, it really cool seeing your favorite heroes changed and animated differently, in an entirely different game engine Very Happy
cool graphics and etc.

http://heroesofnewerth.com/

drop by and see for yourself Very Happy
tony
Sorry; I've not played it. But I am making this reply as I see you have not received a reply so now the post will be again near the top for others to see Smile
weableandbob
Looks sort of like league of legends, which is also similar to DOTA and is in beta as well...haven't played it though.
amperx
League of legends and heroes are competing atm actually even in beta, and yeah their both rip offs from the warcraft 3 mod map DOTA, Hon if eyecandy while league is kinda for general audience, even for kids, cause of its cute characters too
DeltaM
I have played it and I think it's nice it's more fast paced then dota tho, dota feels like slow motion after you've played HoN Cool . Some balancing problems still exists but it's still in beta and I think it will be big when it's released.
SunD3R
Actually i think HoN has had permission from IceFrog (the creator of DotA) to make the game. I heard this rumour somewhere...

I would play this game only if i had a beta key. :sob:
Dark_merlin
I've heard from alot of people that HoN is alot better than DotA, i dont have a beta key though, but once it comes out i'll be sure to try it out and see how it compares to dota.
amperx
Dark_merlin wrote:
I've heard from alot of people that HoN is alot better than DotA, i dont have a beta key though, but once it comes out i'll be sure to try it out and see how it compares to dota.

just add them through facebook HON page, they give free beta keys there from time to time Very Happy
Dark_merlin
I managed to find a guy at school with a paid account. He sent me a beta key and i've been able to try it out

I really like the setup of the whole game, it feels alot smoother and easier to create/find a server to play on. Instead of having to type AREMOM after starting, you simply tick the checkboxes on the options that you want.
To pick a hero it simply gives you a pick of an agi, int and str hero, which you can randomise to find the hero you want.

In game, there is only one store, compared to the multitude of stores in DotA. I find it alot easier to get items here, and makes playing smoother. Everything has been ported from DotA, just completely renamed and will take some time to get used to

I think i'll find myself playing this alot more than DotA
DeltaM
Precisely as Dark_Merlin said it feels alot smoother then DoTA, I have been alomst just playing HoN since I got it and I hope it replaces or atleast get some copetitive play. With cups and tournaments with prices and stuff Very Happy
amperx
there are tourneys for hon already atm, and i do agree, plays smoother than dota, though i would like them to balance out all heroes, to balanced game play Very Happy
rayxzero
The game is already on open beta stage. You can now registered without a beta key. I played it for almost 5 months now and when i play DOTA again I compared the two and HON is better (Gameplay and Graphics). Today version they added a new hero named "The Chipper" looks like techies from dota but do not have the same skills. I hope they add Storm Spirit and Troll Warlord to heroes list.
camperkid
I prefer DotA, simply because of the ammount of dedication put into it's development by IceFrog.
rayxzero
I think Icefrog is involved with S2 Games - Heroes of Newerth.
weableandbob
I personally prefer League of Legends-It has a bit more originality than HoN (although still based heavily on DotA), and it will always be free.
wombatrpgs
Oh lord. All I know about this game is that kids in my CS lecture play it behind me and the incessant clicking gets really annoying. Otherwise, I might be inclined to try it, from the looks of it.
Sparda
I tried to play HoN, but the game was too much like Dota Allstars. Also, the graphics aren't the best quality. I recommend League of Legends (LoL). It's Free to Play and amazingly fun Very Happy
rayxzero
Heroes of Newerth is making its way now to Garena to host a server for specific country in ASIA.
ribozon
I'm thinking of to get an account for it, just started to play it months ago and it's awesome. Sad that free play week ended last days. :/
wombatrpgs
Sparda wrote:
I tried to play HoN, but the game was too much like Dota Allstars. Also, the graphics aren't the best quality. I recommend League of Legends (LoL). It's Free to Play and amazingly fun Very Happy

I swear, Free to Play has to be the most inviting reason to play an MMORPG. Or at least, a straight fee and no monthly cost or whatever.
smsmcfarland
I played it for a little and got bored. I'll stick to StarCraft2 thanks Wink