FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

going bananas

menino
The fully ripe banana produces a substance called TNF which has the ability to combat abnormal cells.

As the banana ripens, it develops dark spots or patches on the skin. The more dark patches it has, the higher will be its' immunity enhancement quality.

According to a Japanese scientific research, banana contains TNF which has anti-cancer properties. The degree of anti-cancer effect
corresponds to the degree of ripeness of the fruit, i.e. the riper the banana, the better the anti-cancer quality. Wink

In an animal experiment carried out by a professor in Tokyo U comparing the various health benefits of different fruits, using banana, grape, apple, water melon, pineapple, pear and persimmon, it was found that banana gave the best results. It increased the number of white blood cells, enhanced the immunity of the body and produced anti-cancer substance TNF.

The recommendation is to eat 1 to 2 banana a day to increase your body immunity to diseases like cold, flu and others. Laughing

According to the Japanese professor, yellow skin bananas with dark spots on it are 8 times more effective in enhancing the property of white blood cells than the green skin version.
rajpk
nice info for healthy life

thanx for sharing
Ophois
Interesting notion, for sure.
I just wish you had provided some sources for the information.
driftingfe3s
Wow, bananas have TNF (tumor necrosis factor) huh. I don't usually go for the super ripe ones, but I guess this new information will change that.

To the original poster - if you got this from an online article, could please link it here? I'd really like to read it.
deanhills
I've stayed clear of bananas as I've heard that they may create constipation, also the kind we get usually start off being green, and even ripe, may still have an artificially ripened taste. If I do have it, I like the fully ripened stuff and prefer to mix it with other fruit. But that would be a rare event.

I have just googled this, and found the following interesting article that argues that it can both cause and cure constipation:
http://www.natural-health-remedies.net/bananas-and-constipation.html