FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PROGRAMMING VC

rajpk
hi friends

if you want to learn visual c++

topic by topic

visit and learn in easy steps

http://programmingvc.blogspot.com
jinsdhie
thanks i thinkz choose your favorite programming langauges so that it easy an it cant be hard to learn
AftershockVibe
There's some odd stuff in there, and while it does show you how to do things... it doesn't seem to bother with any of the theory or explanation as to why you would wish to do so. For example, overloading "new".

For beginners, you'd be much better off just getting a book.
rajpk
thanx for your replies
amorphius
AftershockVibe wrote:

I don't think so... Much better read forums for studing topics, cause you could post question and get answer. Really, authors of blogs rarely answer the questions of their readers
rockacola
amorphius wrote:
AftershockVibe wrote:

I don't think so... Much better read forums for studing topics, cause you could post question and get answer. Really, authors of blogs rarely answer the questions of their readers

Beginners don't tend to know where to start.. any starter book would spoon feed them to somewhere Wink good start books are something rare now a day... I suggest avoid any book that has the word dummy or "learn X in Y hours" on the cover... Twisted Evil
toasterintheoven
for beginners, it's good to just download visual studio 2008 and go through some tutorials on msdn
palciere
There are two kinds of beginners. The true beginners are those who have never programmed at all. For them a book is almost the only way to start, as they don't know what questions to ask. The other kind of beginner is one who has used other programming languages, but is a beginner as far as the language (s)he it currently trying to learn. I am that kind of beginner with regard to Python. I bought two books, thick ones, but most of the contents is explaining what a variable is and what an array is. I know all that from the other languages.

I learned long ago that technology changes so fast that stuff is obsolete as soon as you learn it, if not before, so I learn just enough to do the job at hand. The next job could be totally different and I would have wasted a lot of effort.

As the technology has advanced, new languages have more and more features, so it would take years to learn all of them. In my case, I am retired and just programming for a hobby, so I have picked just one part of what Python offers, namely CGI. I can use that to make wild and exotic websites just for the fun of it. If you are a young kid looking for a career with a big company it's different. You probably need to study for years so you can work on any phase of anything the company might assign you to.

If you have some friends or relatives who have a little company you can learn just enough to be useful right away and learn more as necessary.