FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ritual in INDIA...

subirbasak

I SHOT IT AT GANGASAGAR MELA(FAIR).FOCAL LENGTH=35MM.
Gangasagar Mela is the largest fair celebrated in West Bengal(INDIA). This fair is held where the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal form a nexus. Hence the name Gangasagar Mela. This festival is celebrated during January every year and is a major attraction for millions of piligrams from all over India.
The pilgrims come for a holy dip on Makar Sankranti (last day of the Bengali Month) Negha -Mid January. They take dips in the Ganges and offer water to the Sun God. The dip, as they say, purifies their 'self' and according to them, 'punya' can be obtained thus. When they are done with the ritual obligations, they head towards the Kapilmuni Temple situated nearby, to worship the deity as a mark of respect.
The distance between temple and sea is almost two kilometers…In this shot some of those pilgrims cover this distance by this way ,those who fulfilled their wish by the god…and this is called DHANDEE.
priyank
wow nice info
i am indian
n yet i didnt knw about this
good job m8 keep it up with thiss
i hope to see your more post liek this
+10
Ghost900
Indians seem to have a lot of festivals or meetings. I have heard some stuff about Ganges water. Interesting information through and nice photo. Smile
bjornhoogeveen
This is very strange to see for a outsider. After reading it is a tradition, things change Smile
ajitha999
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:32 am Post subject:
wow nice info
i am indian
n yet i didnt knw about this
good job m8 keep it up with thiss
i hope to see your more post liek this
+10 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed