FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


iTunes 9.0





anakin_skyrunner
Hello!

Just a a short note, Apple released their newest version of iTunes, 9.0, yesterday as well as an update to the iPhone and iPod software, which is offered free to those already running version 3.0.

You may download iTunes here:
http://www.apple.com/itunes

I think the update is pretty good, (finally) it seems faster Cool
mathiaus
One small issue which has bugged me since my switch to iTunes years ago was lack of British English support but this has now been solved! Very Happy
Films are no longer movies, they are films!

More practicable improvements that others will also enjoy include better syncing, wishlist, genius mixes, column browser, home sharing, iTunes Extras (for films), arrange apps on iphone within itunes, etc, etc.

This is actually a good update, nothing revolutionary, just filling in all of the gaps, making things work better. Download now! Very Happy
aningbo
mathiaus wrote:
One small issue which has bugged me since my switch to iTunes years ago was lack of British English support but this has now been solved! Very Happy
Films are no longer movies, they are films!

More practicable improvements that others will also enjoy include better syncing, wishlist, genius mixes, column browser, home sharing, iTunes Extras (for films), arrange apps on iphone within itunes, etc, etc.

This is actually a good update, nothing revolutionary, just filling in all of the gaps, making things work better. Download now! Very Happy


genius mixes is interesting. its a good update. never used it earlier but finally got it with my macbook pro.
Diablosblizz
I'm holding back on iTunes until they release support for Windows 7, so my iPod has outdated music.
weableandbob
I didn't realize any difference except the slight change in the buttons and stuff like that
traxion
weableandbob wrote:
I didn't realize any difference except the slight change in the buttons and stuff like that


windows 7 is again a new OS so the vista software doenst need to run 100% on windows 7..

i hope that MS can build a good XP-simulator for windows 7, as im still running windows xp (a)
welshsteve
I do not like iTunes. Like all Apple software, it is too intrusive on your system. Constantly asking you to download all their other free software when all I needed was a browser plugin to run a quicktime video grrr
anakin_skyrunner
traxion wrote:
weableandbob wrote:
I didn't realize any difference except the slight change in the buttons and stuff like that


windows 7 is again a new OS so the vista software doenst need to run 100% on windows 7..

i hope that MS can build a good XP-simulator for windows 7, as im still running windows xp (a)

Actually I'm running Windows 7 and iTunes 9 and I'm having no problems, it's even the other way round, iTunes is officially supported - it even has playback buttons in the windows preview like WMP, which has to be enabled by the developers.
And as 7 builds upon the kernel of Vista, most software should be running just fine on 7. They say that compatibility is even better with 7.
And if you're really missing Windows XP you should go for Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate, it has a so called "Windows XP Mode".
HalfBloodPrince
Same here, Windows 7 RTM (64-bit) with iTunes 9.0.1 (64-bit). The new release is slightly faster, yet still slow as crap compared to iTunes' performance on a Mac. Hell, it outperformed its Windows counterpart on my Hackintosh (and that's all I'll say about that Wink). MS did a pretty damn good job on Office 2008 for Mac, and I think Apple should return the favor by making a decent port of iTunes. Oh and, the sharp squared corners absolutely suck. I thought Apple was all about the curves. Gah. Apple, you'd better make iTunes 10 use Aero on Windows and at least remotely resemble a native Windows program just like Microsoft integrated Office 2008 nicely with Aqua.

/rant
Diablosblizz
Meh, still hating iTunes and I've found a way to sync my iPod without the need of iTunes. Bye bye piece of crap software. If anybody wants to know how, it's via WMP with a plugin called dopisp. It is, however, not free.
bigt
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Hello!

Just a a short note, Apple released their newest version of iTunes, 9.0, yesterday as well as an update to the iPhone and iPod software, which is offered free to those already running version 3.0.

You may download iTunes here:
http://www.apple.com/itunes

I think the update is pretty good, (finally) it seems faster Cool


I haven't noticed much of an increase or decrease in speed over the last few weeks. It is also sad that they had enough bugs in the new version that they had to update it so quickly. And why do we have to download the whole program to update it anyway?
anakin_skyrunner
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Same here, Windows 7 RTM (64-bit) with iTunes 9.0.1 (64-bit). The new release is slightly faster, yet still slow as crap compared to iTunes' performance on a Mac. Hell, it outperformed its Windows counterpart on my Hackintosh (and that's all I'll say about that Wink). MS did a pretty damn good job on Office 2008 for Mac, and I think Apple should return the favor by making a decent port of iTunes. Oh and, the sharp squared corners absolutely suck. I thought Apple was all about the curves. Gah. Apple, you'd better make iTunes 10 use Aero on Windows and at least remotely resemble a native Windows program just like Microsoft integrated Office 2008 nicely with Aqua.

/rant


Actually the 64-bit version of iTunes is a 32-bit version... have a look at the process in your task manager.
When I installed Safari 4 I was like "Is this real?" because of it's native look (which I really like btw), so I hoped the same would happen with iTunes 9. I don't understand the sharp edges as well.. I generally hate it when programs bring their own UI, like the Adobe Creative Suite 4. Why can't I place the cursor in the upper right hand corner to close a window in these applications? I have to think(!) about closing windows of these programs because the closing X is not accessible as everywhere else - why I dare ask?

Hopefully they introduce a native look with version 10... I'd rly welcome that as well.
HalfBloodPrince
Hey, that's true! Then why do they flaunt it around on their site so much?...

Z0MG NEW iTUNES 9 64-BITZ LOLOL MOAR BITS LOL

Apple... Evil or Very Mad

Oh and for my iPod touch the 3.1.2 update came out and instead of patching the current 3.1.1 it downloads the entire iPhone OS (300 MB isn't much, but it's the entire OS), wipes the old one off your iPod, and installs the new one Confused

Sometimes Apple really confuses me...but then again they're teh uber hip
ForceRun
After iTunes 6 or so the software has really slowed down. It is by far the slowest software on my system, I have a pretty speedy system. For example I can launch a game jump in a server and start toplay in the time it takes iTunes just to launch. Then doing anything with iTunes like accessing he apple store takes at least a min. That's with windows 7 and comcast cable. Is the mac version an better?
HalfBloodPrince
ForceRun wrote:
Is the mac version an better?


Way way way faster on Macs. Looks like they were lazy and just ported it to Windows without actually optimizing it for the system. I mean, something is clearly wrong with this picture:



Eww! Sure, the gray looks good in OS X but come on Apple?! MS made Office for your OS and they did a pretty bang up job integrating it with Aqua, so do a decent job for Aero Mad



-.-
anakin_skyrunner
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Hey, that's true! Then why do they flaunt it around on their site so much?...

Z0MG NEW iTUNES 9 64-BITZ LOLOL MOAR BITS LOL

Apple... Evil or Very Mad

Oh and for my iPod touch the 3.1.2 update came out and instead of patching the current 3.1.1 it downloads the entire iPhone OS (300 MB isn't much, but it's the entire OS), wipes the old one off your iPod, and installs the new one Confused

Sometimes Apple really confuses me...but then again they're teh uber hip


Well you need 64bit drivers on 64bit Vista... so that's the minimum they could do. At least they did the minimum, thinking of Adobe Rolling Eyes They have yet to release a 64bit Version of their Flash Player, and that won't happen in the near future... Or a pdf Preview App for Outlook 2007/2010. When did XP 64bit come out? 2005? 2006? x#+*~^-| Adobe Evil or Very Mad

Yeah that's kinda awkward that you can't update just specific files of the OS... it's the same with every other Apple Software on Windows, don't know about the situation on Macs.. You always have to download the whole applications over and over again, even for minor updates like iTunes 9.0.0 to 9.0.1... even Adobe can do better here haha

BTW, thanks for the comparison screenshots, HalfBloodPrince! Apple really did an awful job here. I wonder why they keep that awful piece of UI. As I said before, they could do it with Safari, so why... ok, I'll stop right here.. it's too nice an evening for that Very Happy
Related topics
iTunes 5.0 released
Opera 9.0 Technology Preview 2
iTunes 6.0.2 (Look at this topic now, new music program)
[news]Flash 9.0 :O
Norton Ghost 9.0
Does 0.999.... = 1?
Navegador Opera 9.0
vista da ilk acik
Upgrading Norton Ghost 9.0 to Save & Restore
Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta
Math tricky 9
Adobe 9.0 problems
Limewire
Issue With Adobe Acrobat 9.0
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.