FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Can I get google to find a Pic on my site

Possum
Hi

What do I need to do to get Google to find pictures on my site.

I already use the alt

Code:
alt="Dialog Box Javascript"

Is there anything else I need to do.

Thank you..
the-guide
I use "alt" tag for every pictures posted on my sites as well and also got some traffic from that, although it not much but not too bad.
Peterssidan
Google (and other search engines) are much slower to index images than pages. It can take several months (Don't be surprised if it takes half a year). You just have to wait. Of course if your site does not rank very well it will be more likely that the images never gets indexed but that holds for pages too.
k_s_baskar
i am using alt tag in images, even i am mentiontion the in image file name itself. for example if if wish to add sports shoe i will give the image name as sports_shoe_img.gif

Smile
riccopt
google also considers the content on the page to index your images... you can have images that are not related to the search term that the person used, but on the page where that images are located you have a text with the proper terms...
distantship
just don't use Javascript, or flash, if you are keen on SEO for you site, stay away from all these....cos' google really hates them! I still saw people today making full flash site and they definitely don't know that all that google can see in their site are BLANK!
inphurno
distantship wrote:
just don't use Javascript, or flash, if you are keen on SEO for you site, stay away from all these....cos' google really hates them! I still saw people today making full flash site and they definitely don't know that all that google can see in their site are BLANK!

googlebots are much better at reading through flash content from last i heard but javascript i'm not sure. for the question of images having content to match the image as well as having assocaiated file names for the image and the actual page are important things to check. atl and title atributes are good to add as well.
riccopt
the best thing for google to find the images on your site is to have content related to the theme that you have on your image...