FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

09/09/09

deanhills
Did anything special happen in your area for today's date - 09/09/09?
saratdear
Nothing much. We thought of coughing together or something in class at exactly 9:09:09 (you know...to get a long string of 9s) but in the end nobody did. Smile
carlospro7
not in my area, but there are a lot of world cup qualifiers games today. It'll be a great day Very Happy
m-productions
Yes one super big event is happening today on 9/09/9. the movie "9". I cant wait to see it. Saw the trailer for it back from the star trek movie looks....different, which is a good thing.
william
Nothing major happened. I was considering doing a little something, like a laugh, cheer, or mere acknowledgment when it was 9:09:09, however...I forgot about it and missed it.
the-guide
In my country number nine is the great number so 9 09 09 is really great day for us. Very Happy
phantombr
Yesterday I sent an sms to 09:09 for my closest friends, congratulating the day 09/09/09. I like the perception of numbers in everyday life.
Fatality
Nothing special happened. A guy at work mentioned it and we watched the clock for 09:09:09am. Other then that it was a normal day.
desonium
Yes I had very bad luck that day.
First I left my mobile in the washingmachine.
Then I threw a candle from the wardrobe.
And last but not least the lights of my bike didn't work that day.
Crazy_Canuck
Won a whole $4 in powerball. Yippee, I can retire. Confused
Arty
9/9/09 was Cirno day.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Cirno

Cirno is the fairy of ice.

This is a section from the Touhou manual:

As you can see, Cirno has been labeled with a (9), and below, it says in Japanese: Baka, which means moron.
This is why 9/9/09 is significant to Cirno. She is not a moron, she is a genius. http://www.cirnoisagenius.com/
crossroads
LA CROSSE, Wis. - No doubt about it, the nines have it. Chuck Berendes of La Crosse said he will never forget the birthday of his third child, born Wednesday on the ninth day of the ninth month in the year 2009.

Nor will Berendes and his wife, Polly, forget Henry Michael's arrival time at 9:09 a.m. by Cesarean section at Franciscan Skemp Medical Center in La Crosse.

But they got the biggest laugh when the newborn was placed on the delivery room scale following his birth.

Berendes said it was metric scale so the doctor did the math in his head, but to make sure, he had the nurse also do the conversion.

Berendes said they broke into laughter when the nurse told them Henry weighed 9 pounds, 9 ounces.

This story was provided from: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32788180/ns/today-parenting_and_family/?gt1=43001
natilovesmike
well it depends on what you call special.

1- a friend of mine graduated from grad school, so now he has his Ph.D.
2- I went to the gym for the first time in years!!!!! that is certainly something special...at least for me...and I am still going three days later!

3- Oh...yeah...Argentina lost yet another soccer game... Sad definitely nothing special...it's been happening a lot!
airh3ad
Its just a date and a number dude. nothing else .
rickylau
Aw, in Chinese community (at least cantonese), the pronunciation of 9 is just same as "long", and that day would literally pronounced as "zero nine year nine month nine day" meaning long, and therefore there were so many bride and groom in that day, hoping to have long marriage (although I was busying in school and didn't noticed that)
bloodrider
Nothing special happened here, it was just one more day...
Ghost900
Nothing shocking in my area, I did watch it turn 9:09:09 though. Next year we get 10/10/2010. Smile
jabce85
..the world ended.......
spring567
I was sleeping on 09:09:09 09/09/09
standready
Nothing special happen around here on September 9th, 2009. Why should it?
crimson_aria
September 9 was my best friend's birthday. It turned out to be a bad day for her because her grandmother's had a brainstroke. I greeted her then only to find out days later that she didn't got my message. orz
missdixy
You know I came across this thread and even though it was a while back, I was disappointed to realize I missed that awesome event! I'm still on summer vacation so unless I'm at my part time job (which I only go to 3 days a week or so) I don't even think about the date! I usally love things like that ! Funnily enough, 08/08/08 is when I met my current best friend... Very Happy
Dean_The_Great
It was a good day, as I recall. There was a party that night welcoming some people to the area, and it was delightful. But nothing crazy out of the ordinary.
chatrack
I like this date, I have signed many of my students record book on this day.
erlendhg
Haha, I heard some other people on my school kidding about how they had to postpone their wedding to 10/10/10, because they hadn't done it until this date.

Also, it is quite interesting to think about the fact, that on the 12/12/2012 it is the last date on nearly 100 years, that you do have such a repetative pattern in the date Smile
deanhills
erlendhg wrote:
Also, it is quite interesting to think about the fact, that on the 12/12/2012 it is the last date on nearly 100 years, that you do have such a repetative pattern in the date Smile
I guess everyone is waiting for 21/12/2012, solstice day, and perhaps the end of the world. Going to be pretty interesting when we get closer to 2012, plenty of tips of what to expect and how to survive it. Smile
medesignz
i bet that it would be the end of the world, but unfortunately it didnt come in Twisted Evil
pscompanies
airh3ad wrote:
Its just a date and a number dude. nothing else .

LOL I agree. Too many of all these things. Next year, 10/10/10? Come on guys..
czarulit
We were waiting for 9:09:09am that day with my schoolmates during lessons, but we missed it (as far as I remember it was maths at the time). Nothing blew up and no naked woman appeared. Very Happy Just an usual day.
deanhills
czarulit wrote:
We were waiting for 9:09:09am that day with my schoolmates during lessons, but we missed it (as far as I remember it was maths at the time). Nothing blew up and no naked woman appeared. Very Happy Just an usual day.
Darn! That must have been a real disappointment for you. Twisted Evil
Agent ME
saratdear wrote:
Nothing much. We thought of coughing together or something in class at exactly 9:09:09 (you know...to get a long string of 9s) but in the end nobody did. Smile

Er, coughing? Maybe if you had every single student do that timed to the exact moment in a room it could be at least odd, but otherwise maybe you should aspire to a better prank Razz
erlendhg
deanhills wrote:
czarulit wrote:
Darn! That must have been a real disappointment for you. Twisted Evil

No, really? How boring.
What should we then expect of 10/10/10? Razz
paskifire
hahahaha 09/09/09 and 09:09:09... All I can say is.. It's EPIC! wooohoo but nothing special happened. Very Happy
MechatheSlag
Tide last year but thats what you get for living near the ocean I guess Smile