FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FAQMasterFlex log in trouble

erlendhg
I tried to install FAQMasterFlex from fantastico, but when I was going to log in to the admin area, it would not recognize my username and password.

I even tried to install it manually by downloading it from its website and I changed the username and password to "admin" and "admin" but still I can't get access to the admin area.

My SQL Database IS working and correctly set up.

I was looking on the Internet for a solution, but all I found out was that by adding the code under, the problem should have been fixed.

$PHP_AUTH_USER = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'];
$PHP_AUTH_PW = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'];

Still it didn't work.

Is there any way to fix this, or must I just give up?

Sincerly

Erlend Graff,
Norway
Bondings
Are you sure you used the same username/password? It is probably case-sensitive. Most of the time when people have problems with logging in, it is the password, but it might be different in this case.

I never installed FaqMasterFlex myself, so I really can't help you with that. I'm sure there will be someone in here who has and who will be able to help you with it.
erlendhg
Yes, I'm 100% sure that I typed the username and password correctly in lower-case as it is in the username and password configuration section.

I hope someone knows a solution and tell me...
gmcclure
erlendhg wrote:

I even tried to install it manually by downloading it from its website and I changed the username and password to "admin" and "admin" but still I can't get access to the admin area.

not really familiar with the product BUT, when you changed the password im guessing on the config.php or whatever it was, did you change the password in the SQL database? and when you did install it manually did you delete that database and then re-install it? because if you didnt then the information stored from the previous install is still going to be there.
Daniel15
Quote:

I was looking on the Internet for a solution, but all I found out was that by adding the code under, the problem should have been fixed.

$PHP_AUTH_USER = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'];
$PHP_AUTH_PW = $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'];

Still it didn't work.

Because of this, I'm assuming the script needs register_globals on. register_globals was turned on by default, up until PHP 4.1.0 (when they decided that it was very easy to write insecure code with it turned on). If your script was written before PHP 4.1.0 came out, or the author of it had register_globals turned on, it might not work properly.

So, we need to turn register_globals on. We don't have access to the server's PHP configuration file so we can only change it on a per-directory level. To do this, you need to create a file called .htaccess (that's a dot as the first character) and put the following text in it:
Code:

php_value register_globals 1

Save it to the same directory as the index.php file of your script, and it should now work properly
erlendhg
Thanks a lot! I'm really going to try that out!