FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many of you have been teachers?

Have you ever been a teacher?
Never
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Less than one year
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Up to five years
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
More than ten years
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

iyepes
I never figure out I would ended myself being a teacher, I remember a romantic idea of being spanish teacher, but I never thought I would ended in front of 20 clueless youngsters trying to make them figure out how a router works.

I shared my story after, but I really want to know how did you ended in this profession or if it was your whole life dream.
chatrack
iyepes wrote:
I never figure out I would ended myself being a teacher, I remember a romantic idea of being spanish teacher, but I never thought I would ended in front of 20 clueless youngsters trying to make them figure out how a router works.

I shared my story after, but I really want to know how did you ended in this profession

am a teacher by profession
bloodrider
I'm a music teacher for small kids, as a part-time job.
I always said that I never would be a teacher, and see me now Razz
But I will only be a teacher while I'm doing my degree in computer networks, I'm not fit to be a teacher, but I need the money Rolling Eyes I work less than 10 hours, but they're well paid Smile
Ophois
I teach English as a foreign language.
By profession, I am a Paramedic. But sometimes I teach because being a Paramedic is very stressful, and I do not want to 'burn out'.
rajpk
i am student hhahahah
atul2242
I like teaching and am trying to become a teacher.
coolclay
I teach, I am not really a school teacher but I work at a private marine institution where school students come for field trips. It's a really fantastic position, it's an extremely rewarding position and I really enjoy it a lot. It gets stressful and times, and being so far from my family sucks, but that's life. Either way I am a environmental biologist by degree but I also studied marine biology. We teach labs, and take our students snorkeling, and kayaking.
czarulit
I'm a student. My dad's a teacher. And, looking at him, I'll do everything not to be a teacher... In Poland it's really badly-paid job.
standready
I do substitute teach for the local school system. It is fun and helps pay the bills.
Dean_The_Great
I don't teach school, but I do teach improv and drama workshops in schools and other groups. I have a lot of fun doing it, though I don't think I could do the normal type of teaching.... Too much homework. Haha!
soljarag
at work I teach people 3d modeling programs like Solidworks and CATIA
benmerrion
I also never thought I would be a teacher. I was an English major and everyone would ask me if I would teach, and one thing I was sure of was that I wasn't going to do that. I would be very awkward giving presentations and didn't do them well. However, I became a volunteer adult literacy tutor and eventually joined an AmeriCorps program where I taught adults how to read and taught small groups of adults GED preparation. After that, I went to graduate school, became a TA and had to teach 2 classes of freshman comp. From there I went back to adult education and taught mostly GED preparation. I think tutoring and teaching small groups helped prepare me for teaching larger classes.
Liques
Me. Very Happy

But just for one day. Actually, for me was terrible!