FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

girls my own age all too immature

andysart380
i know they say girls mature faster than guys but i beg to differ in my case

my parents split when i was 15 and my mother left me and my sister in an apartment by ourselves for quiet some time. We developed faster than other people our age because we had to fend for ourselves....now i live with my dad again and im doing pretty good but every time i meet a girl she just seems to act like such a little kid, its one after another acting like children.

Now the problem is that when i per-sue older girls they dont really want to date saying im too young, if i never tell anyone my age they think im 5 years older than i really am. does anyone else feel this way or think that college girls are immature? i dont know i guess what im asking is why would it matter if im only 19 but i have the mentality of a 25 year old... its very frustrating for me because a lot of girls hit on me but all of them seem too young even tho they may be older than me...its a dilemma help me out here
socceraggie
I think there are several things you can try. First, your age at 19 should not be as big a deal than say if you were 17 (legal stuff). When you meet someone you like, your age should be as big of a deal. I wouldn't say lie, it is never good to start off a relationship like that, but you can probably be creative and just avoid the topic. Second, where are you trying to meet girls? If you are going out to clubs and bars, you are probably going to run into mostly immature college girls. While that can be fun, it doesn't sound like that is what you are looking for. Try meeting a girl in class or the library or through other friends. It sounds like you are just meeting the girls in the wrong crowd. While everyone goes through maturity at a different speed and our life experiences can alter that speed, there are college girls out there that are more mature than others.

Good luck!
c'tair
You're not special. And don't say you had to fend for yourselves because it would only be true if you lived in the subsaharan countries and the like.

But on topic, I do understand your problems. I wouldn't say it's immature, it's just the the girls you've met have totally different approach to life than you do. You're just not meeting the right girls. I can't really help you, but I know your problem because I've been single until almost my 18th birthday. I had some crushes, but the girls usually turned out to have really childish notions about relationship and the world. To them I was supposed to be a show-off piece, to be discarded if I went out of fashion. However, I managed to find a women I love, and we're both the same age (19) at highschool, but she's radically different from other girls because she actually wants somebody to care for her and she understands that she should also care for the other person. And we both know we'll always stick together if time are tough, we already had some 'adventures' and we're both sure that another person wouldn't help us out.
iyepes
If you grew up a little faster than the others, it doesn't mean than the people who had the chance to grow at the common pace are inmature, it just means that you grew faster.

So relax, if you find girls at you age not interesting to you, you don't need to date them. Just remain friends, you can always learn, even from people you think aren't your mental age.

If you are an adult under the law, nothing refrains you from dating older girls, if they don't want your age now, ok, wait some years, you will reach their age one of this days Wink

I have to say women still have an stereotype about younger men, they are funny, interesting, but they don't last much, so many of us don't risk with young men. And the ones who does, usually don't think seriously. I don't mind that all women act like that, but many of us, yes.

So, take it easy, try first to get female friends, despite their age, maybe it could create the trust to make them relay on you enough to start a relationship.
natilovesmike
Well, I think the first thing you need to define is what do you want in a girlfriend? You say they all behave immaturely but that is just a label, what do you mean by immature what are the specific things they do that make you think they are immature?

Still, I think the best thing you can do is define the things you _would like to see_ in a girl, not the things you don't like. And then you just need to be patient until the right one comes. It won't necessarily have to be older, everyone is different and mature differently, I am sure you will be able to find a girls that matches your character.

You are young though...don't ever forget that...just because you had to work a little harder growing up doesn't mean you have to give up your teens and 20's...because when you get really older (in your 40's or 50's) you are probably going to regret no having enjoyed that time just because you had it in your mind that you were more mature than other people your age.
DGreatPronKing
You know dude, In my opinion, I can say is that first of all you are not that special just like what c'tair said. If you really believe that you think like a 25 year old, then you should have already figured out what the next sentences I'm about to write.

Well here it goes. Girls for some reason like acting childish(my girlfriend does), and I'm fine with that. Because girls want to be treated as a little princess or stuffs like that. As a man we have to understand and provide love to the empty gaps that they have in their hearts. Some girls in your age might have rough childhood and is trying to escape from it by acting immaturely. Well if you really act 5 years or above from your age you could have understand what their problem why they act like that. And it shouldn't have bothered you if your really mature, think of this:
1. Do you like her?(implied on an immature girl despite the fact that she's immature)
2. Are you looking for a serious relation?
3. Do you just like her for what she looks like? (example she's a beauty queen bimbo)

If you answered YES to 1 and 2 = Then I can't see any problem because if you like her and want a serious relationship with her then you could accept her as what she is and you can treat her as your pretty little princess and treat her like a baby.

If you answered YES to 1 and 3 = Your just a D**k looking for a P***y to F**k and I believe it would be much of an issue either because the more immature she is the more you can have advantage.

And obviously you can't say yes to 2 and 3.
sthwtproject
seriously man
theres like this major gap with girls
either their to mature - no fun whats so ever
or to dam immature - no fun again
its important to find this perfect mix with girls
god speed
keep on searching
lagoon
I'm 16 and I seem to have the demeanour of somebody much older. Not only does this annoy myself, but, as you can imagine, there aren't many people my age quite like it!

Therefore, I have the same problem!
goutha
Try to date older girls. Go outside your circle of freinds and look for someone who you'll find as being more mature.
andysart380
its all a big damn game.....im lucking out tho im chasing the 21 year olds and it seems to be working much better....although ive got a lineup of 18 year old girls i just dont want...too bad some of them are great looking but just too annoying.
zbale
Been there and I can feel for you.

My point is: it's ok and legitimate for you to be interested in, and to hang out with people older than you if you're generally more mature than your age-group (I'm saying "people" because I would assume that you might also find a difference of maturity with boys, even if it's specifically girls you would like to go out with).

I believe that older girls who say you are too young are, in a way, not mature enough either, so you can forget them. People who are especially mature, because they are in a way more demanding, may have to wait a bit longer until they find the person whose maturity matches theirs (whatever the biological age of that person: older, younger or of the same age).

PS: I wouldn't lie about my age. The right person will be able to look beyond the date on your birth certificate, and you don't want to start off with a lie, do you? Stating your true age is actually a good way to know if the people you are talking to are willing to look at you for who you are and what you've got to say.

PPS: If you're not interested in the girls hitting on you and the right girl hasn't come along yet, use the time on your hands to learn new things or to become better at what you like to do. One of the advantages of being single (as much as it sucks) is that you've got time to develop yourself. For instance, learn or perfect a foreign language (or anything you like) in an night-course; people will usually be older than you, and who knows who you may meet there? (worse come to worse, your language skills will simply have sensibly improved).
professor
That's because I have an 10 year older girl

andysart380 wrote:
i know they say girls mature faster than guys but i beg to differ in my case

my parents split when i was 15 and my mother left me and my sister in an apartment by ourselves for quiet some time. We developed faster than other people our age because we had to fend for ourselves....now i live with my dad again and im doing pretty good but every time i meet a girl she just seems to act like such a little kid, its one after another acting like children.

Now the problem is that when i per-sue older girls they dont really want to date saying im too young, if i never tell anyone my age they think im 5 years older than i really am. does anyone else feel this way or think that college girls are immature? i dont know i guess what im asking is why would it matter if im only 19 but i have the mentality of a 25 year old... its very frustrating for me because a lot of girls hit on me but all of them seem too young even tho they may be older than me...its a dilemma help me out here
professor
Yeh, it's right. I have an 10 year older girl. It's good

goutha wrote:
Try to date older girls. Go outside your circle of freinds and look for someone who you'll find as being more mature.
andysart380
zbale you hit it on the nose..im going to take up a night course and see who i meet there, ive thought a lot latley and ive got all the time in the world to find a girl...and also, yes the guys my age piss me off i cant find anyone to be a good friend other than the guys ive known for a long ass time..and they are all a few years older but youde never know it.
zbale
andysart380 wrote:
...and also, yes the guys my age piss me off i cant find anyone to be a good friend other than the guys ive known for a long ass time..and they are all a few years older but youde never know it.

Yeah, I know that feeling... It does suck, but on the other hand it's ok to have fewer, deeper friendships I guess.

Just a thought, coming back to girls: an even better sign than a girl not caring about your answer to the age question, is if she does not even feel the need to ask for your age in the first place. People who are ready for a mature relationship will probably know that it's hard enough to find the right person - so there's really no need to ask for a person's age: there are tons of reasons not to go out with somebody way before you ask for his or her age (chances are you'll know right away the person is not for you, so the age question is irrelevant); and if you know you've found the right person, then would you be dumb enough to stop seeing the person because of the age difference? (so again, the age question is irrelevant -- of course, I am barring cases forbidden by the law, but that's not what you were talking about here).