FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Minimizing

post-gazette
My computer does this weird thing where if for example I;m playing a game the game window just minimizes for no apparent reason. It doesn't just do it once either it just keeps going and going on like that and it's really annoying when you're trying to a game like AOE. I've tried every spyware elimantor and anit-virus thing and nothing is helping. Please Help!
Donutey
the anti-virus program or spyware program (or some other scheduled task) may suddenly become active, bringing itself to the front (minimizing your game) such as when it updates, or starts automatically scanning... This can also be caused by various messaging programs, and other programs updating...
However, there is still a possibility of malware/viruses etc...
If you could tell me what your tray icons are it would be helpful...
donj
It can also be your firewall. Mine is always minimizing my games.
S3nd K3ys
donj wrote:
It can also be your firewall. Mine is always minimizing my games.

Be careful you're not hitting the Win98 key. That will shell you to the desktop as well. I believe there's a small app that can disable it before you start playing, or if you don't use it at all, you could remap it.
Lady Elensar
Or maybe you're using the ALT - TAB combination?
Kd527
I think it's a windoze thing. You could be hitting alt-tab.
yjwong
Its very hard to accidentally hit alt-tab during gameplay
MonkeyWrench
actually its easy to press alt tab while playing a game, i have hidden and dangerous 2 and to change weapon menu is tab and the action button is alt, so if i press it quick enough to change weapon, it minimizes the screen. Rolling Eyes

i suggest a problem with your pc not being up to spec.
ronzo
check the box for advanced text services to off may also help
billybob
it could be that a new window is opening in fron of your game e.g. ur firewall is asking for some sort of permisions
mark
It happened to my old computer. The screen got minimized when I sometimes played games. You can hit Alt+Tab too quickly and as I was playing a game of cricket, Alt was required for the bat and Tab for the direction!