FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to talk to girls? Do YOU know?

Denvis
Okay, so my questions are...
Is there a particular way guys should be able to talk to girls?
Is there a limit to what topics being allowed to be bought up?
What are some good conversation starters? (besides the obvious hi my name is such and such)
Is there anyway to kill the awkward silence, besides preventing it in the first place?
When you first meet them, what should you ask/say?
How can you prevent mumbling or stuttering?
Should you be asking direct questions, such as 'Do you have a boyfriend'?

EDIT: GENERAL QUESTIONS .. jeebus it's like talking, i'm just curious on people talk to girls, i don't care where it is. You can have a little mofo tag saying 'At a party' or 'At school'.

I talk to girls the same way as I talk with the guys, although I learnt that it isn't a good idea to do that...
joostvane
I think this would depend on many factors. What place? How old are they?
Denvis
Okay, I didn't think the place would matter but the age is 17
joostvane
Denvis wrote:

I think it does. I would talk in a different manner to a girl at a party or in my school. At some places I would be more 'smooth' than other places. Just my opinion though.
andysart380
the setting has everything too do with it..some things just aren't appropriate in some places. there is no right or wrong way to talk to a girl..just dont come off too strong and if you like her dont pester her shell hate it if you are clingy
blackheart
Denvis wrote:

I talk to girls the same way as I talk with the guys, although I learnt that it isn't a good idea to do that...

What makes it a bad idea? IMO it's the best way to approach a woman... she's just another human being, and you may as well be yourself rather than put on some alter ego for a conversation. Don't think about it so much. As soon as you start to script what you'll say when you approach someone new, you're guaranteed to stop and stutter because you're trying to remember "the plan"... rather than just chatting naturally.

If you MUST pickup line, make it funny. If you MUST have a uniform conversation starter, just say you think you recognise her from somewhere slightly removed - i.e. she looks like a chick your mate was chatting up the other night, and you'd like to apologise for him being rude.
She'll then tell you it wasn't her. A.) she'll say it dismissively, or B.) she'll laugh and continue the conversation. If it's A, sorry you lucked out. If it's B just keep chatting.

Make sure you pretend to have seen her on a night that you ACTUALLY went out on with an ACTUAL mate.. otherwise you're stuffed if she asks questions about it, which is highly likely given it's an easy topic for her to turn to.

But overall, you just need to suck it up and interact when the opportunity arises - most people are shy with new people, so even if you're soulmates if you don't make a move they won't probably either.

joostvane wrote:
Denvis wrote:

I think it does. I would talk in a different manner to a girl at a party or in my school. At some places I would be more 'smooth' than other places. Just my opinion though.

Very true. It's possible to make a cheesy pickup line work in a club - where it's just a kind of acknowledgment you're interest in someone than anything meaningful... but if a turned around in a lecture and said "hey baby, if I said you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?" I'd think he was a bit strange.
fantoos
The main thing is in consideration that talk to the point with girl otherwise it give no effect. Anybody confuses because they are finding the best way to impress her.
shfrorau
I don't know about you guys, but i believe that being yourself to some extent is how you should talk to girls. Of course IMO i believe females will take a lot more meaning out of stuff you say =P so be nicer and considerate.
EG. I laugh at my friends, we yell, we pay each other out. Razz I wouldn't want to see what would happen if i did that to a girl, well i have done it, and I'll tell you, did i feel the burn. xD
Bluedoll
How can we communicate and reciprocate joyfully? . . . by Bluedoll

We should try always to be true to ourselves in conversations however thinking about things before we speak doesn’t hurt our pursuits. I think this reasonably applies to anyone. The setting we are in does have something to do with subjects we choose because in public places and social gatherings, there are other people around that may influence are topics. It varies but have you ever felt at a party that sometimes you are on “display” and others are listening to your conversation? How is important is that? Maybe it is not important at all or maybe it is and we should at least consider that it will affect our interpersonal relations without feeling intimated by that fact.

Relax but unless, there is a valid reason, I personally really do not like exclusive questions thrown at me until I get to know the person well enough. For example, who my friends are is a question, I don’t appreciate immediately. It sounds like a pickup line, delivered by a person who is not really interested in just getting to know me.

With anyone we can start a discussion easily by picking something that we know well, have liked, or have simply observed. If the subject doesn’t seem to fly, we can try another or be a good listener. Silence is almost an artful expression, so we need to observe it well, for example, if stillness doesn’t ‘feel’ right we can attempt to produce a suitable facial expression rather than resorting to a mutter, saying something stupid or nervously.

People realize there isn’t any right or wrong style. We can talk to anyone as long as the conversation is interesting and enjoyable for the people involved. Having said this keep in mind that some subjects are simply not enjoyable for everyone. Try!
ericfrata
I think each girl is diferent, but they are very like in general...

Every girl like like a boy to listen anythink, to make hers fell unique in the world.. Try to put it in ur mind.. .
U need to be sensitive about her fellings, every girl like when u show her, u really know her...
But u don't be afraid, because she is only a girl, she is a person, like's u.

Good luke!

Bye