FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ragnarok Online 2 Beta Test

dodomi
Ragnarok Online 2
click it and see the movie!
http://download.bbgames.jp/4gamer/movie/RO2_TGS2.zip
http://download.bbgames.jp/4gamer/movie/RO2_TGS1.zip
hamik
It looks like something I will look forward too I like RO the first one.
yjwong
I'm sure its P2P after the beta, the graphics are OK though.

The official site (korean and japanese only) -> http://www.ragnarok2.co.kr
leone
I am downloading the game till now becasue my connection is low. I will look at it and if as you say it's a good one , i am gonna play it for sure. 10xs for making an advertise to a new game that i wasn't known of. Very Happy
yjwong
If there's a private server in the future, that would be nice. And if I could transfer my characters from the first version
leat397
I love RO.....seems to me the older one is better.. Crying or Very sad
I'm not sure if I were too sticked to the old one but the graphic is not attractive as previous. its easy to feel the RO is cutie and stylish for every job...
I believe the after 3D-ed the characters and/ or monster.. it's not so easy to bring out a clear differences for each job/ wearing items with a lovely style..
yjwong
The two are almost the same, just dat the gfx differences onli.
Deji
im curious to see what they do with the new version

as Ragnarok Online is fun but definately getting a bit dated when compared with games like World Of Warcraft

Ragnarok 2 could be amazing.
Kelcey
yeah, hopefully it'll measure up to WoW.
waiteck
I used to play ro... But i quitted. Now playing WOW.. Its more worth it :p..
zerodefect
never played WoW but i have a bunch of friends that are in love with it. is it really worth paying for?
kazoe
really, its gettin 3d?? i like them in 2d already, and level-up should be contented on roseOL to have 3d games. im kinda crazy for that game, we have it locally, and we call it PRO. Well all I can say is its a game worth to be crazy for. and yeah worth paying for. how the payment system in ur place? we have it by prepaid and credit card. I always use prepaid so i could limit myself. it could be addicting Laughing
leat397
WoW, how's that game? I have heard that it;s quite pop. in my friends but I have no idea for that? I have played Warcraft II. In my experience that game quite simular to AOE.
So, WoW is online game rite? it has a character for your own? or jus like online playing AOE? further, how's it charged? by monthly payment or once you buy it, you can play it forever?
Haku
OMFG!! It looks so nice!!
If they make the game as good as the first one (or even better (i doubt you can make any better game)
I will defenetly play this! Even if it's expensive p2p!!!
kazoe
cool, they go by episodes, that's what they call by upgrading or something, new episode means new feature on the game so you it wont get old on you. there were also quests, twas like an online community cum game, ehehe.

and you're the one who's creating for the characters, like making a doll. you decide what hairstyle, and what color,the sex is determined on the registration beforehand. and as you reach certain levels, you choose which job you wanted to.

anyway, im not that familiar with other countries' payment system, but as far as i know, there are plans, like monthly payment versus per hour pay. Here's the site for more infos, just click your country.

http://www.ragnarokonline.com/
Haku
Does anyone know when they're goin to release the beta!?
I wanna play!!!
kazoe
do you live in the US? dont worry, i think IRO has 30 day free trial. You can create another account again if it expires, LOL. Ours have 30 hours trial. bah Mad and hmm.. am i being too bad to inform you that there is a ragnarok offline? it dont need internet connection and not supported by level-up-games tho.
waiteck
kazoe wrote:
do you live in the US? dont worry, i think IRO has 30 day free trial. You can create another account again if it expires, LOL. Ours have 30 hours trial. bah Mad and hmm.. am i being too bad to inform you that there is a ragnarok offline? it dont need internet connection and not supported by level-up-games tho.

Btw.. I know what you mean. Which refers to private server that you can connect to your own com at 127.0.0.1. Thats illegal.. lol..
Defsanguje
mele
RO was my first MMO, palyed it for about 2 years during and after open beta. Kinda got tired of outdated graphics and went for CoH. I'm defenitly looking forward to RO2. IT"S FINALLY 3D..even though it's still "cutesey" but their game system promises the best of all other mmos put together. They did steal many ideas of other games, but only the good ones, I can't wait till iRO2 release...and I'm guessing it's gonna be around April of 2006. Korean beta is already out and Japanese is gonna open soon. Oh yeah, Gravity got bought by company called Ubibank, it's Japanese company, hopefully we get better service and more hack-free gaming experiance. And the best thing about RO2 issssssssssssss, the music, the music is being done by YOKO KANNO!!!!!!! can't wait!!
If anybody gets any info on about iRO2, would you please be so kind to share it with us.
-Mel
lpbrasil
i see the graphics is very cool but are in beta teste, later i go wanna play \o/
ashen
RO2!!!! It's very cool!!! I'll waiting for it!
Here I found some info in this site about RO2 in TGS 2005 :

http://www.gravitygamez.com/
kazoe
oo that was cool, i would wait for it then, if the music is going to be done by yoko kanno, i would definately would like to have the cd
yjwong
@Defsanguje: RO2 would never be free except for the beta period and unless people make private servers...

Similar to ROSE Online...
Haku
Oh so the Beta is already out?
I've got to download it right away!!

[Edit]
Where do you download the beta?
not on www.ragnarok2.co.kr ?
i can't find it....
Boles Roor
I don't like this all that much. I'm a big fan of RO because of it's mixed style of sprites and 3d. I really hope that the gameplay makes up alot for the loss of style.
Raijenki
www.ragnarokonline2.com xD
RO2 will be powered by Unreal Engine (www.unrealtechnology.com), it will be totally 3D, different of RO1, that is Sprites 2D and Background 3d =D...
aznrex
waiteck wrote:
kazoe wrote:

Btw.. I know what you mean. Which refers to private server that you can connect to your own com at 127.0.0.1. Thats illegal.. lol..

not neccesarly, most p.server are hosted using an emulator which gravity cannot do anything about since it's not illegal. but what illegal is when a server usees the AEGIS software, thats when it becomes illegal

but dont you think that RO2 is very... lolicon style?? i dont like
yjwong
eAthena is not illegal... but aegis is...
leat397
Boles Roor wrote:
I don't like this all that much. I'm a big fan of RO because of it's mixed style of sprites and 3d. I really hope that the gameplay makes up alot for the loss of style.

same feeling with me, not cutie as the previous one would probably lose female fans. Loss of female fans may also mean loss of male fans Laughing
anyway. I'll try once it was released as free of of charge.

by the way, due to different version offered by different company. The service standard may ranges widely. ie. in HK, we could only connect to the official server from Taiwan... the connection is too bad that so unfair for us as we need to compete with the Taiwan user sometimes. Such network stability and reliablity stronly affect the quality of an online game! Rolling Eyes
leat397
Defsanguje wrote:
RO was piece of sh... Well, I didn't like RO, but I'll test ROII if its free..

In fact the game is attractive. But service provider.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad and they ruin the game! It would be a very famous game if Gravity in Korea cooperate with better accompanies Crying or Very sad
aranoth
looks very much of a nice game
Philip
leat397 wrote:
I love RO.....seems to me the older one is better.. Crying or Very sad
I'm not sure if I were too sticked to the old one but the graphic is not attractive as previous. its easy to feel the RO is cutie and stylish for every job...
I believe the after 3D-ed the characters and/ or monster.. it's not so easy to bring out a clear differences for each job/ wearing items with a lovely style..

RO is a cool onlines game Smile.
it have 3D ? hm, is that sure is 3D ?? or just 2D ?
jarcelao
the first time i saw and heard of ragnarok online didnt impress me. my friends tell me to give it a try so i did.

well, to summarize it up, i was totally disappointed. the game sucks big time! i hate the gameplay including its cartoonish graphics. i also hate the mindless bashing and slashing of enemies just to get a high level character so that you have something to brag with your friends... i think ragnarok is a total waste of time... well, just my two cents though...

i dont know if this disappointments will be resolved with this new Ragnarok... im willing to give it a try but i do hope that the game wont be as bad as the first one.. Very Happy Cool
sugarbox
i'm playing thai ragnarok, and i want to know more about ragnarok 2. Is it great? and What are different things?