FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Software To locking Folder with out need to install.

phicha
is Software To locking Folder with out need to install ?
i think like this, it zip it with password,
and if u want to open it.

it asked password, and extract the folder back.

thanks
Peterssidan
I don't think that is possible without installing anything unless your operating system offer this functionality. What is your OS?
phicha
my os is windows xp,
it should can..
just wonder which software

thanks,
aningbo
how abt u try out portable folder lock?

why dont u wanna install anyways!
phicha
i meant software like truecrypt,
but more portable and easy to use

thanks,
fladry
I think This Folder lock is suitable for you. No need to install! just unzip using winzip and run it. It has only one exe file. It is very portable! But it's security may not be as tight as the other folder locks. But it works fine for me!
harismushtaq
I'll recommend using a good zipping utility with encryption support. Zip it in store mode where it just encrypts and stores and does not do compression. This will be fast and you can use the zip explorer to easily explore and view files.
Bielhelm
Interesting way of encrypting files on a harddisc could be also by building a virtual harddrive with vmware and mounting it for real into your Computersystem.

The Vmware Disk Mount Utility can do. So you could virtualize a virtual harddisc on a virtual PC with Vmware and get Truecrypt running on the virtual disc while mounting it into your running Hostsystem for real... using truecrypt to descramble ... and scramble again the harddisc partition that is housing your virtual harddisc... Smile Thats crank!

Who wants to search for virtual files in a 256 bit encrypted harddisc file that are stored in a hardisc scrambled with 256 bit again? For maximum Security.

http://www.vmware.com/download/eula/diskmount_ws_v55.html
can do it.
Diablosblizz
Give Toucan a try, you can find it by clicking here.
the zephyrus
TrueCrypt has a portable mode that you should look into. Read about it here: http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=truecrypt-portable . I think you would be better off using something like this that's possibly a bit more cumbersome but also more secure.
bloodrider
Bielhelm wrote:
Interesting way of encrypting files on a harddisc could be also by building a virtual harddrive with vmware and mounting it for real into your Computersystem.

The Vmware Disk Mount Utility can do. So you could virtualize a virtual harddisc on a virtual PC with Vmware and get Truecrypt running on the virtual disc while mounting it into your running Hostsystem for real... using truecrypt to descramble ... and scramble again the harddisc partition that is housing your virtual harddisc... Smile Thats crank!

Who wants to search for virtual files in a 256 bit encrypted harddisc file that are stored in a hardisc scrambled with 256 bit again? For maximum Security.

http://www.vmware.com/download/eula/diskmount_ws_v55.html
can do it.

Paranoia?
Just the time you loose to access the files, Laughing
Bielhelm
yeah i know it ill. but when you are working at a "high level security" branch inside an
IT-Centre for the government in Germany.. everybody is poosible to stich up security
to a paranoid level you know Smile
bloodrider
Bielhelm wrote:
yeah i know it ill. but when you are working at a "high level security" branch inside an
IT-Centre for the government in Germany.. everybody is poosible to stich up security
to a paranoid level you know Smile

Interesting, for a "high level security branch" you shouldn't be exposing yourself in that way Wink

If you want to get even better, why not, running some GNU/Linux, run some VM software, encrypt the system and run on it W7 with bitlocker activated, then inside W7 run for example VMware, encrypt and intall other linux, after all of this install truecrypt and create a shadowed volume, and don't forget to protect the first SO (the phisical) with truecrypt Wink