FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Inglorious Bastards

PartyPros
AWESOME movie! More graphic and more of a twisted story than what I was expecting, but not bad.

The one problem I had is that it was slightly long. What do you think about it?
snowboardalliance
Technically it's called Inglourious Basterds, although I don't know why it is misspelled.

I really liked this movie. Brad Pitt was awesome (loved his "Italian") and the whole thing was just really different than most movies. I liked the subtle themes they threw in like the title sequence and chapters that gave the movie an old feel. It was very gory and violent, but still well done.

I guess I'm a Brad Pitt fan because I like the Ocean series, Fight Club, Burn After Reading, and probably more that I can't think of.
rogue_skydragon
I'm not typically a fan of Quentin Tarantino's films, but watching Inglorious Basterds has probably made me a convert! This movie as a whole had some strange pacing, but the moments where violence just seemed to escalate out of nowhere just simply amazed me!
Enterprise
I assumed it was purposely misspelled so to avoid swearing, technically? So, the meaning is still there, but they can still put posters up in view of children, legally? Totally made that up, though. Loved the movie, it's just brilliant. It made me think, it made me laugh, and it was overall thoroughly entertaining. The acting was especially good, Christoph Waltz in particular standing out, to me (and from what I've heard he'll be playing the villain in The Green Hornet!). One of the best movies I've seen in a while!
traxion
i'm going to watch it this weekend in the bios, i will post more oppion when i now it Very Happy
rogue_skydragon
I had no problem with the movie's length. I thought the entire film was just genious. My favorite part was the extended dialogue sequence in the basement/bar. The utter brutality that followed was amazing.
snowboardalliance
Enterprise wrote:
I assumed it was purposely misspelled so to avoid swearing, technically? So, the meaning is still there, but they can still put posters up in view of children, legally? Totally made that up, though. Loved the movie, it's just brilliant. It made me think, it made me laugh, and it was overall thoroughly entertaining. The acting was especially good, Christoph Waltz in particular standing out, to me (and from what I've heard he'll be playing the villain in The Green Hornet!). One of the best movies I've seen in a while!

Not to get off topic, but I don't think inglorious or bastard are considered swear words, at least nothing that would be censored on radio/TV. There are much worse movie titles. So I'm still not sure on the reason of the spelling, then again, I feel that's kind of off topic.