FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows vista Ultimate 64 bit cameras

ssweat
since I recently upgraded to vista 64 my camera that i used is no longer supported, so im off to find a new camera that is vista 64 compatible. i was wondering if any of you other vista 64 users could recommend a good camera for around $40. Thanks in advance.
hunnyhiteshseth
Err... I won't recommend going for a new hardware just because of getting a new software, I would suggest you search a bit for any unofficial drivers that may be available or wait for company to release a vista 64 bit compatible driver.
AftershockVibe
Hmm. Most digital cameras (almost all of them) can be set to "mass storage mode". Windows will then treat it like any other portable storage (e.g. a USB stick). Look for it somewhere in your camera settings.

While the proprietary software which came with the camera may not work with this and you won't be able to use it as a webcam etc, you will still be able to access the photos just by opening the folder. Most photo-organising software will support this too.
ssweat
I guess in my haste to post this I did not mention it was for a webcam not a digital camera. The webcam I am currently using is actually a PS2 eyetoy and I have read that there will probably be no future drivers made for it, so that is why im looking into a new webcam.