FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HELP MHTT THE NOOB BUILD A PC

MHTT
WANNA SPEND $1000 OR LESS pc use for every thing, got a 22 ich asus lcd with inbuilt cam + hdmi
2 START OF THE TOWER I WANT TO GET IS
Thermaltake Armor+ - Black Full ATX Tower Case - 23cm Fan Side Panel (No PSU) is it a good idea i really like the look of it and i need MB that i can keep on updating along the way.
i like hook it up to my lcd and my 50ich plasma same time
And i don't like buying parts online any help would be really appriciated THANKS
Helios
Well if you don't buy parts online, then all we can do is put some list of hardware and you will go to the shop just to be told by the seller that they don't have anything from that list but they'll be glad to sell you something else.

But whatever, here's what I'd go with (tried to keep it upgradeable - motherboard is the key here):

Intel E8400 & Thermaltake Blue Orb II cooling & Arctic Cooling MX-2 grease
ASUS P5QC (supports both ddr2 and ddr3)
WD5000AAKS 500GB 16MB
OCZ DDR2 4GB 800Mhz CL4 Titanium
Connect3D ATI HD4850 HDMI 512MB
Lian-Li PC-7B 25cm fan
Enermax Pro82+ 625W

All that for about 1050$ - 1100$...
Pepperfan
For the best prices you will need to go online... or at least to know if you are getting good prices. Where are you located?

Charles
ssweat
frys electronics is my source I find all kinds of great deals there if you have one nearby...I just rebuilt my whole system for about $500 and it can run nearly every game full resolution. This includes an acer 23"high definition monitor, im not picky on brands.
I have built my own computers for years and have had great luck even with generic parts at times. Frys is easy to deal with and easy to return stuff to if needed.
I am using the 9800gt card about $90
biostar motherboard + amd 7750 dual core $90 for both combo runs up to 3.11 ghz oc per core stable
monitor was about$160
500 gb sata hd $85
4gb ddr2 memory for about $50
then misc came to about $500 total
I have ran GTA4 with pretty high graphics which is tough, but you can always get a better card.
Good luck
ForceRun
I would take the step up and get a core I5 system, or even a basic core I7 if you can get it to work.
gordo
yea me too, i would get the core i5 750, or you could wait till the westmere core i5's come out. They'll be fast dual cores, with hyper threading and run more efficiently then the current core i5. Oh yeah it will also have a better implemented turbo boost. But if you have the money and you know what you want you should but right now. Cause if you decide to wait, there will always be something new coming from over the horizon and you eventaully might forget to buy the computer, cause you are waiting for somehting better.
ForceRun
I agree but he stated his budget was $1,000 or less and you can put together a core i5 system for about $800.
miniman17
If you can get it in the budget get the basic i7. but if not the i5 good enough. but if you want to hook it up to you plasma you'd want a good graphics for example 4850 and i dont think you need the full tower for you build to get it into your budget you should look at the midi's cases they are still pretty big and spacious like the antec 900
fadirocks
the Athlon II X3 435 is super cheap and perform great for games and can pop in up to ATi 5850