FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A problem when uploading via Frontpage...

Nameless
I'm not 100% sure if I should put this here, or in the general computer support place, but since it *is* related to the hosting...

Basically, I initally uploaded the site via Frontpage. However now when I click on 'publish web' it pauses a bit, then comes up with the Publish destination box. This was strange, since when I uploaded stuff to a different site before, it just automatically went to the last one. So I entered the same address as last time, and it says a web does not exist there?! If I tell it to create a new web, it says it is unable to open it. Additionally, whenever I type in a different address it keeps just trying to upload to the same place, and failing.

Help, please?
Donutey
i've had this problem too with frihost, (with frontpage) where on previous hosting setups it would upload very quickly without problems. However, now it pauses sometimes, or doesnt ever get past "listing site" or comes up with an error (though most of the errors don't affect the publishing.)

often i'll just restart (frontpage), or wait a few hours, cause something could be down on frihost server or something wrong with my setup.
Daniel15
Make sure you have FrontPage Extensions enabled in your cPanel.

Also, make sure you're publishing to the correct address. You should be publishing to http://yoursite.frihost.net/ (replace 'yoursite.frihost.net' with your FriHost site address). See if this works for you. If not, you can publish using FTP. Type the address as ftp://yoursite.frihost.net/public_html/, replacing 'yoursite.frihost.net' with your FriHost site address
Donutey
i might have misunderstood the first post, have you ever gotten the upload to work correctly, and what are you using to upload (FTP, webdav, frontpage server extensions)?
Nameless
Okay, it doesn't matter anymore. I still have no idea what went wrong, but I found a random way around the problem.
Bondings
Nameless wrote:
Okay, it doesn't matter anymore. I still have no idea what went wrong, but I found a random way around the problem.

Ok, that's great!

If the problem appears again, please pm me to reopen this thread as I'm going to -close- it to prevent spam.