FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Increase the amount of people who can feature discussions.

ocalhoun
The featured discussions block is not updated enough... it could be put to much better use.

I understand that this is because it is difficult to update, Bondings is the only one who can, and Bondings is busy...

A simple suggestion: Give more people (Mods, or at least a few, select Mods) the authority to update it.
rajpk
yeah i agree with you

it is good suggesstion
truespeed
The fact that it is updated so infrequently,i would remove it all together (I am sure the space at the top could be used for something more constructive) or rename it the announcement box,as that is all its really used for.

If its kept as a featured discussions box,then it should be updated at least a couple of times a week,then the featured discussions suggestion thread would also have a purpose,instead of countless suggested threads just being ignored.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
The fact that it is updated so infrequently,i would remove it all together (I am sure the space at the top could be used for something more constructive) or rename it the announcement box,as that is all its really used for.

If its kept as a featured discussions box,then it should be updated at least a couple of times a week,then the featured discussions suggestion thread would also have a purpose,instead of countless suggested threads just being ignored.
Excellent idea and completely agreed.

However at the same time, someone has to remove the featured discussions. Bondings is too busy. How long have we been working on the rankings? I'm now over 5000 postings, and when we first started with the rankings suggestions that was 3000 plus postings ago.

I notice quite a number of moderators in the moderator list are inactive. They don't post enough and they aren't around enough, some of them are completely inactive. It is unfair that only the same handful of moderators should carry all the hard work (including Bondings and rvec the brunt of it). Why does Bondings not ask for volunteers, and then he can sift through applicants and select new and "current" moderators and in that way the work can be evened out better. Not only the visible work of moderating the posts in the Forum, but maybe there could be technical moderators to check up and remove bad Websites and threats from outside Frihost like cyber attacks. I'm sure he will find quite a number of excellent volunteers. I see them every where.