FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum games?

Nameless
Just wondering, since I can't recall it being mentioned anywhere...

Are forum games allowed? You know, stuff like 'post your first reaction to the previous post', the 'which one?' or '> game' etc. They would seem to be bordering on spam, so maybe there should be a forum with no points for them or something...
Bondings
Nameless wrote:

Are forum games allowed? You know, stuff like 'post your first reaction to the previous post', the 'which one?' or '> game' etc. They would seem to be bordering on spam, so maybe there should be a forum with no points for them or something...

Those games aren't allowed.
OutlawSpirit
why not a forum for them sort of games...

but in that forum your post count does not rise???
rohan2kool
i agree.. such games should be allowed. the yare a great source for active forum participation. We don't want it to add to our points, FRIH$ or posts...
HunnyBaby
true true i get bored and would like to play those for lack of a better word lame games
MallardHD08
Ya i agree, I think we should have a poll to see who all wants to have a forum with no points just to play forum games. That way Bondings can see how many people want games!
martichka
Quote:

Hi, all... I think so.. that this is principaly a host forum and not a game one, so We shouldn't think about those things... like games or what ever.
Thanks you.

Tommy.
krazeek
bondings we are aloud to upload free games to are hosting correct? like worm, pacman, etc.
yjwong
But people can just open a dummy topic there (SPAM[verb]). I propose setting a minimum post limit to add a topic.
Monkeydog
There was a post about this last month and it was refused...
Bondings
krazeek wrote:
bondings we are aloud to upload free games to are hosting correct? like worm, pacman, etc.

On your own hosting account, yes. As long as all the copyrights are respected.
tdossi
Why should be forbade to the plays? Nevertheless, plays are a little bit nice to the pastime. Nevertheless, in the forum they were great. Very Happy
jsarnold
I've written some Flash games myself - if you'd like to spend 5 minutes playing?

They can be found here: http://www.ictteacher.com/games.shtml

Have fun!
tdossi
Very nice plays. Great. Further in such a way. Very Happy
Vladalf
These forum games aren't really an activity I like, They're just full of bad humour.
On the other hand an Roleplay Forum would be excelent on our community. I allways roleplay on MUDs or MMO's, it's highly addictive.

jsarnold wrote:
I've written some Flash games myself - if you'd like to spend 5 minutes playing?
They can be found here: http://www.ictteacher.com/games.shtml
Have fun!

Hah, that mouse clicking game was fun. Good job!
Vladk
Zombie
I think forum games are allowed, but the mods will place it into a board where you cannot gain any FRIH for posting.
buxneo
just add a new mod..
Diablosblizz
I think we should add a forum just for games, that doesn't increase post count, Points or FRIH$. Games brings lively-ness to forums, plus it's a really fun way to see what other people are thinking.
pumpin
martichka wrote:
Quote:

Hi, all... I think so.. that this is principaly a host forum and not a game one, so We shouldn't think about those things... like games or what ever.
Thanks you.

Tommy.

Yeah its principally a host forum but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some fun along-side. At times, i scroll through and may not find any post that interest me even though i have to post! Games will definitely be a VERY good idea even if there's no points of frih$ assigned to it Exclamation
ocalhoun
pumpin wrote:
even if there's no points of frih$ assigned to it Exclamation

Only if there's no points for it. You don't want people only posting in games when they would otherwise be forced into some quality posts.
HamsterMan
In my opinion having a no-points forum for forum games would be a great idea. There's such a huge number of different games that you could play. Like, rate the above posters avatar from 1 to 10, or make a three word story, ms paint your way over obstacles or defeat the above posters ms paint pic by drawing something that logically defeats it. Then there's the always famous "what's in your clipboard" game. Not to mention like a billion different role playing forum games.
Ghost900
I used to waist time on forums like that making posts. I also enjoyed those "Add three words" in forums before.

I personally don't care if Frihost had one of them (It not counting points of course) but I personally would not visit it since I care less about those "Forum Games" nowadays.
Fatality
Sometimes those games can be fun, but really they're pointless. We can all find more productive things to do with our 'bored' times. I also think that everyone that keeps trying to push the idea after being told that "they are not allowed" needs to let it go and move on to something else.
tony
Nameless wrote:

It sounds like fun! I hope it happens....
Vladalf
Fatality wrote:
Sometimes those games can be fun, but really they're pointless. We can all find more productive things to do with our 'bored' times. I also think that everyone that keeps trying to push the idea after being told that "they are not allowed" needs to let it go and move on to something else.

Yes, for example, instead of counting posts on a pointless thread we ccould have a roleplay section. Besides beeing really interesting you imprive your english aswell.
Vladk
mwsupra
I agree. Kinda like the introduction area and others where to don't earn points. But I think it would definitely keep more people active.