FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Red pill / blue pill in a London tube

ciureanuc
I had a dream last night ...

What if, instead of windows, some trams, metros and buses would have LCD screens?
You are in a tube, in underground, but on the window you can see images from other cities... as you would be in a Paris tram (or a Prague bus).
Images will be filmed from a bus/tram and aired in a NY tube (or Bucharest tube).

How you will feel? Confused?

[When these things will appear on the market, do not forget who had the idea. Smile ]
Bluedoll
New product review . . . by Bluedoll

It seems fantasy can become reality (like in the star trek movie, planet to space communicators became the cell phone of today) so as we imagine our future, it goes into being. I suppose, how something is actually accepted is a factor to its success (nasa wanted to make a windowless space capsule to circle the earth and that idea was rejected).

Also, if a new product is a good functional device it can give popularity for an investment. I suppose, LCd screens, if they are watched might have an advertising potential or simply be a media propaganda machine. Now that is a scary feeling!

On the other hand, dimly lit soiled tunnels with distasteful graffiti being replaced by fresh cheerful pictures, might be preferred, by both the public and the transportation companies.
andysart380
i agree.. it would be nice to see something other than a brick wall for 80% of your train ride
ocalhoun
andysart380 wrote:
i agree.. it would be nice to see something other than a brick wall for 80% of your train ride

Would you be willing to pay 10 times as much for a ticket for that?
Big flat screens are not cheap.
truespeed
Looking side on at a screen up close,as you do a window,wouldn't really work visually anyway.
rogue_skydragon
I think it's a great idea.
andysart380
ocalhoun wrote:
andysart380 wrote:

Would you be willing to pay 10 times as much for a ticket for that?
Big flat screens are not cheap.

just wanna say it wouldn't be ten times per ticket.....think about the price of the screen incorporated into the price of a new tram....compared to the rail car it doesn't cost that much..a few pennies on the dollar a difference you wouldn't notice per ticket..but when you times it by thousands of tickets daily it adds up.
ocalhoun
andysart380 wrote:
....compared to the rail car it doesn't cost that much..

No, it doesn't. But it just makes the rail car that much more expensive.