FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

redirection

freeshann
Hi there
sorry to bother you...I am really not that computer savy... so anyway, I used to have my domain name registered with one company who didnt offer any hosting options for a price I could afford, so I redirected the name to frihost...
I have now changed domain name holders and the new company do offer limited free hosting, so I figured it would be easier to just host it with them (especially since I dont really seem to have anything of interest to talk about on the forums!!)
Is there somewhere in frihost that I should go to change this redirection set up? or is it something I need to sort out with my company whom previously held my domain name? (My current holder is adament it has nothing to do with them)
thanks
shannon
cr3ativ3
You should be able to change which Nameserver's the domain is setup to use from the registrar where your domain was registered. You wont need to do anything on the Frihost side... Simply change the nameservers/redirect on the registrar that manages your domain name.

Hope this helps.
mOrpheuS
freeshann wrote:
I have now changed domain name holders and the new company do offer limited free hosting, so I figured it would be easier to just host it with them (especially since I dont really seem to have anything of interest to talk about on the forums!!)
Is there somewhere in frihost that I should go to change this redirection set up? or is it something I need to sort out with my company whom previously held my domain name? (My current holder is adament it has nothing to do with them)

If the domain transfer process went through fine, your old registrar is out of the picture.

Once you change your domain's nameservers (at your new registrar's control panel) to those specified by your new host, FRIHost will be out of the picture as well.