FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

*cough* *cough* *cough*

jinger89
Quick, what's the best cure of a cough?! Slight sore throat and a developing cough. I'm afraid that it'll turn into something worse. Darn college and the close proximity.
jwellsy
I would start taking zinc until my mouth tastes like tin foil.
driftingfe3s
If it's a cold zinc and vitamin C and plenty of fluids would help. It will get worse though, the best you could do is shorten the length of your sickness by 1 day if you act quickly and have lots of rest. I'm sick right now too, sucks so bad.
Magicman
It really depends on what is causing the cough. I have an almost constant cough caused by allergies and all I can do about it is to use anti-inflammatory nasal sprays and cough drops to treat the symptoms. However, since your symptoms have come on quickly then it would seem to be some sort of sickness like a cold or even the flu. Plenty of fluids and rest will help but be sure to be on the lookout for other symptoms.
deanhills
Gargling with Bicarb or a very good gargle from your pharmacy. Then some Halls lozenges. Possibly good to see a doctor though with what is going round right now.
jinger89
I am happy to report that I got better only after 2 days. My secret weapon? Sleep. Lots of it. If you are feeling tired even during the day while you're sick, go take a nap. Even if you can't fall asleep, laying their resting is the best thing for your body to recover.

I wish a speedy recovery to anyone out there that is sick.
bsbteng
Causes of Acute Bronchitis Bronchitis usually follows a cold. The same virus that is responsible for common cold is also responsible for bronchitis. People also contract acute bronchitis due to continous exposure to irritants that can cause inflammation of the bronchial tubes. The other factors that can cause significant damage to the bronchial tubes are dangerous chemical fumes, smoke, and dust. We have included some fresh and interesting information on lingering cough after bronchitis. In this way, you are updated on the developments of lingering cough after bronchitis.
imera
God that you become better. I was sick now recently and my mother made me a tea, she burned sugar and when it was brown she added a little water. The tea was really sweet but it helped a lot, the next day I didn't have any problems at all
menino
It works 100% of the time although the scientists at the Canada Research Council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop nighttime coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly. I heard the head of the Canada Research Council describe these findings on the part of their scientists when they were investigating the effectiveness and usage of prescription cough medicines in children as compared to alternative therapies like accupressure. Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprising finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

An adult friend tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

So, if you have kids/grandchildren, pass it on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed by the effect .
jinger89
Wow really? Vick's Vapor rub on the bottom of the feet? I mean I thought you were suppose to apply it to your chest before you go to sleep and the vapors help soothe your coughing. Do you know how applying it to your feet would work better?
deanhills
menino wrote:
It works 100% of the time although the scientists at the Canada Research Council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop nighttime coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Now this is interesting. I have an itchy throat that have been treating with gargling bicarb. Wonder whether the Vicks bottom of feet remedy will work. Will try it tonight and see if I get that warm feeling all over. When I have used Vicks before, it would always be during the peak of the cold and on my chest, and directly around my nose as it used to help with keeping the nasal passages open. So will try Vicks under my feet tonight and see how it works!

Thanks for the tip.
chiragpatnaik
deanhills wrote:
menino wrote:

Now this is interesting. I have an itchy throat that have been treating with gargling bicarb. Wonder whether the Vicks bottom of feet remedy will work. Will try it tonight and see if I get that warm feeling all over. When I have used Vicks before, it would always be during the peak of the cold and on my chest, and directly around my nose as it used to help with keeping the nasal passages open. So will try Vicks under my feet tonight and see how it works!

Thanks for the tip.

So? Did it work?
Crorepati
Cough is a an indiactore that :i) You have a low level of stored energy in you, (ii) your level of immunity is low, (iii) you are loosing heat from somewhere and some other trival factors that your respiratory system is choked etc. Vaporub gives you heat and there are other very excellent natural products are available, almonds oil is also good. For immunity and to eliminate the infection good natural products are available.