FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

German - help me with motivation

ciureanuc
Hello,

I would like to learn German.
I have couple of courses: Michel Thomas, Pimsleur, but I have a terrible lack of motivation.
Nobody around me speaks German, everybody say that is very hard to learn... how will I get some extra-motivation?

Tx!
Bielhelm
Versuch mal das hier zu lesen LOL!

anyway: try to find new friends, who live in Munich, because of the "Oktoberfest" Very Happy
Inside Germany you can only find "Krauts" and "Preussians" Twisted Evil which is not a part of Bavaria at all.
Most People from Bavaria are more "austrian" style (except the north of Bavaria)

Try to play DVDs in german subtitles while looking, if you can.
Drink many beer! It is the best way to learn "HARDCORE" german! Wink

or you can try to establish here new friends who can help you out.

http://www.palabea.net/
Mrs_Robota
I also try to learn Deutsch but is always difficult...
ralf
german is very easy for me ! I must learn English . I cam from germany
LittleBlackKitten
I know how to count (thanks to Rammstein!)
animasyonokulu
hi hallo

first let we learn personal pronomen

i ich
you du
he er
she sie
it es

we wir
you ihr and sie

every day new thema Smile
animasyonokulu
my mein ,meine
your dein , deine
his sein, seine
her ihre
our unsere
your , ihren
tdossi
Ja, deutsch ist eine interessante Sprache.
tdossi
The German has unique advantages that help people to learn. Altered in flexion, the noun is not beyond recognition: If I "the man", "the man", "the man" or say "the man" - the noun is "in all cases"like a rocher de bronze - with the minor exception of the genitive-S. We can therefore say: In the German sentence, we recognize the nouns are always right away, because they project almost unbroken from the set of the sea, and, moreover, also written large.

Another advantage is the flexibility of the ruthless Germans. While elsewhere often the SPO scheme (subject - predicate-object) rules with an iron fist - "The dog stole his bones in the cabin" - such as English, since there is in German, the whole lot of freedom, yes, almost anarchy : "In the hut, slipped the dog with his bone"or "With a bone in the hut stole the dog" or "stole with his bones the dog in the hut, "etc. Only the initial position of the verb is taboo in our declarative sentences, because we would take the German to a question: "stole the dog with his bone in the hut?"
tdossi
This flexibility of word order gives us the German way, terrific rhythmic freedom in the design and the nuances of the meaning of our lyrics, because the initial and final positions emphasize a sentence element. A linguistic fact, which we would have probably made ​​the "people of poets and thinkers, " as any genetic origin, national poetic bulges on the brain.

If we consider the German sentence, then we see from the outset many integral components associated with the foot in a kind of primordial soup - in the verbal forms. Here, for those words that which must bring the action to flow rate, the main difficulty is to be sought. For the verb in German a chameleon, which is constantly changing - and if we "befrügen" an average citizen to the correct forms of subjunctive and subjunctive II "befrägten" questioned "without them, then it guarantees in distress. Above all, it is the sound shift, which causes this uncertainty: "I take ", "I took, " "I have taken, " "I would take" - who should be familiar because there? - - - Well, we of course, who else? Or is it really asking too much to master such a simple language like German or less correct?
tdossi
I suggest also often around the question of how to motivate people who do not really want and I have come to the conclusion: It's not! I know from my own school days that there are just subjects that I did not like, and that was not always at the teacher (but some do!)
I teach mostly adults, and about 50% of these people expect from me that I bring into the German language in her head as she thought out with quite different. -> impossible!
See our article "unnecessary" and generally all too tiring. How is one to change this attitude? I tried everything and realize that every time - those that are full from the start, remain usually also present. Those who have from the beginning no "fixed" to work to come from the latest A2 total skidding, and makes ...
Would be interested to know what others make of you because of experience.
tdossi
My choice of attitude and motivation factors was influenced by the current debate and the value or the relationship between affect and cognition in language learning process. Affective factors such as motivation and attitudes are often seen as "Input-minimizers", although the speed of the acquisition, but can not influence the acquisition of basic cognitive processes. Affective factors as unstable, is not constant and in the course of language acquisition be altered by external influences defined (see, for example, Knapp - Potthoff / Knapp 1982: 116). Cognitive factors remained more stable and permanent characteristics ascribed. Frequently, so-called inner processes (cognitive aspects) of the learning process as a fundamental and emotional factors or social aspects represented largely unaffected (see, for example, Edmondson 1995). These assumptions are empirically but not clearly. Riemer (1997a: 236) points out that the relevance of extra-linguistic factors in accordance with the latest research for internal cognitive processes can not be excluded, as emotions and cognitions may be inextricably linked. Prerequisite for my work is the assumption that extra-linguistic factors significantly influence the second language acquisition.
tdossi
This is the first step in motivation. Consider whether a
Task needs to be done.

Maybe you can motivate not because the
Working feel useless. Verify that the task
makes sense or not, and decide then clearly for
or against the request.

For larger projects, of course, planning is paramount.
If you have done this, then you take the first step
to achieve your goals as quickly as possible - at least in
the first 3 days. Because then decreases the probability that
They start at all, rapidly.

Consider as specifically as possible what you want from your life
be expected. Paint your vision in bright colors.
The advantage: They stop only to the requirements of other
to respond. Instead, work actively towards your goal and
Their work is given a new meaning. There is hardly anything
More motivating.
IceCreamTruck
tdossi wrote:
This is the first step in motivation. Consider whether a
Task needs to be done.

Maybe you can motivate not because the
Working feel useless. Verify that the task
makes sense or not, and decide then clearly for
or against the request.

For larger projects, of course, planning is paramount.
If you have done this, then you take the first step
to achieve your goals as quickly as possible - at least in
the first 3 days. Because then decreases the probability that
They start at all, rapidly.

Consider as specifically as possible what you want from your life
be expected. Paint your vision in bright colors.
The advantage: They stop only to the requirements of other
to respond. Instead, work actively towards your goal and
Their work is given a new meaning. There is hardly anything
More motivating.

tdossi, I don't think we're following everything you are saying because you are using an online translator. May I suggest you simplify your sentences before translation, as compounded sentences and flowery language do not translate well. Truthfully, tdossi, none of your sentences seem complete, and maybe using another online translator would help the situation better... I'm not sure.

Sometimes I can gather your meaning, but most of what you have written in faith that it will help us learn about German is basically worthless to us. I'm sure what you are really saying is important, and extremely helpful, but it's very hard to read and understand.

Bitte konnen Sie auf Deutsch und English schriben? Danke! Ich glaube dass wir schneller erlernen, wenn Sie auf Deutsch auch schreiben!
tdossi
Hallo IceCreamTruck,

Danke für den Hinweis.
Stimmt.
Du hast recht.
Es ist besser Deutsch zu schreiben, als eine schlechten Onlieübersetzer zu benutzen.

Gruß tdossi
tdossi
Hallo,
gibt es hier auch ein Forum, in dem man Englich lernen kann?
Gruß tdossi

----

Hi,
Is there a forum where I can learn Englich?
Greeting tdossi
tdossi
Ich finde es sehr wichtig, für fremde Sprachen offen zu sein.

-----------

I think it's very important for foreign languages ​​to be open.
tdossi
Almost everyone has - whether privately or professionally - to do a lot of things and of course work and knows the effect that many of them make fun of them and many do not. A closer look reveals that the former have a motivating and often without much additional effort will be done faster and better than the others. In short, one looks forward to the work. An internal drive is that sets us in motion, both tangible (money, car, house) and are based on non-material things (recognition, glory): hence the name of motivation, or in German "motivation".
On the other hand, there is then this kind of work that do not make fun and delayed and will be done even in a bad quality as normal practice. In such work it is not motivated, or in other words: There's something that has a demotivating effect and it does not pay as much as you would otherwise afford. It lacks a motive. Only an external pressure allows us to continue the work.
However, since most demotivating work can not go out of the way and it can hurt a person in the long run, this constantly to do reluctantly only bad thing about this situation should change something in their own interest, thus motivating myself.
A really bad way of course this is somehow different shift. This "solution" is so out! We should be looking for a way to make more bearable at first glance appears burdens. Better yet, they changed to a fun-making work. The tool is called to self-motivation with which this work is easier to go out of hand. If you manage to tackle the work with interest, enthusiasm and fun, just as motivational work, it has actually done it already.
rsbw
Quote:
Hallo,
gibt es hier auch ein Forum, in dem man Englich lernen kann?
Gruß tdossi

Das würde mich auch sehr freuen Wink
tdossi
Hallo rsbw,

das würde mich auch sehr freuen.
Englich kann man ja immer gebrauchen.

Gruß tdossi
tdossi
English is spoken by over 700 million people. English is also used to

Main language in science, economics, technology and tourism. In addition,

already penetrated many English words in the private environment, such as sound, team, computer, fair

play, fashion, outfit, etc. In the course of globalization may be the former peoples are hard

separated from each other. The cultures and thus the language mix. This will make it for

the future is very important to be able to adapt his language to his fellow man.
tdossi
Vocational English

Without the English language is nothing more: Two out of three German companies expect when hiring new employees that they can speak several languages​​. Much-needed seven out of ten foreign languages ​​for German companies to run their businesses. The results of a survey by the Institute of German Economy (IW) in Cologne. Number one foreign language is English. Well, 97 percent of international companies said they are working on it constantly, frequently or occasionally. In 80 percent of the company's operations are also conducted occasionally in French. 57 percent of companies reported that they use in their work two to four languages.
tdossi
English is a worldwide language that is spoken by about 350 million people. the

main English speaking countries in the world today are the UK, the USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa,

Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.

In addition, English is the means of communication for millions of people throughout the world.

English is also an important working language of the United Nations and the European Union.

It is also used as a second language for education, work, entertainment, electronic communications and

Travel by an increasing number of people who are around 1-2 billion, is taught worldwide.

Even after the breakup of the British Empire after the second World War II, English has to constantly influence

recovered and can now be viewed as the most important world language.

Since 1936 English to German schools, the first foreign language. Even at the high school is in Jüterbog

English is the most important foreign language to be learned by all students. Besides the basic courses, there are also

different performance classes, which can be chosen by the students about their language skills to

. improve

All students are well aware that excellent knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for a later

Workplace.