FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Silverlight applications on Frihost.

dickyzin
Can anyone tell me if we can host Silverlight applications on the Apache web servers of Frihost.
I have a Silverlight application which I am trying to host on my current account on Frihost. I keep getting the following error message every time.

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application
Code: 2103
Category: InitializeError
Code: 0

It works when I run locally with IIS on my machine. And all my namespaces are correct.
I have also added the following MIME Types for my domain account, using the Add MimeType form provided by Frihost's DirectAdmin.

application/manifest manifest
application/octet-stream deploy
application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument xps
application/x-ms-application application
application/x-ms-xbap xbap
application/x-msdownload dll
application/x-silverlight-app xap
application/xaml+xml xaml
Diablosblizz
While I'm not sure how the back-end of Silverlight works, is it compatible with Apache?
Asap170
Shouldn't this go in "Web Hosting Support?"
dickyzin
I just got this working. My problem was that the .xap file that I uploaded to the web server was corrupted. Silverlight 3 works fine now.

Since Silverlight runs on the client's machine, it is Web Server and platform independent. I can run on Apache or IIS. As long as the browsers have the proper plugin installed for Silverlight, they will work.

I also was thinking about putting this post in Web Hosting Support but I thought this problem belonged to the more generic computer problem. Confused
cr3ativ3
dickyzin wrote:
I just got this working. My problem was that the .xap file that I uploaded to the web server was corrupted. Silverlight 3 works fine now.

Since Silverlight runs on the client's machine, it is Web Server and platform independent. I can run on Apache or IIS. As long as the browsers have the proper plugin installed for Silverlight, they will work.

I also was thinking about putting this post in Web Hosting Support but I thought this problem belonged to the more generic computer problem. Confused

And so it was Wink, ya Silverlight is like Flash (depending on the complexity of the app) it can be fully run on the client machine.

Silverlight looks really interesting, I havent used it myself personally... Do you have any sites that provide good tutorials/instruction on creating silverlight apps?
Asap170
cr3ativ3 wrote:
dickyzin wrote:

And so it was Wink, ya Silverlight is like Flash (depending on the complexity of the app) it can be fully run on the client machine.

Silverlight looks really interesting, I havent used it myself personally... Do you have any sites that provide good tutorials/instruction on creating silverlight apps?

Well just BING AND DECIDE! http://silverlight.net/learn/ right from Silverlight themselves! Hopes that helps Cr3ativ3!