FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Transparant laptops

Carola

Im happy I dont have to work with these laptop, it will be real confusing Smile
bogger
lol, nice, but you messed up the 3rd one a bit, cos the wood jumps a lil bit, the rest are very well done though
Nameless
Hmmm... that would be kind of confusing to use if you had other stuff behind it. COuld people see the screen from the back? That could be useful in some situations (say, if other people were watching you work/play/whateveR), but really annoying in others (when you didn't want them to watch you work/play/whatever.

On the other hand... that would SO kick rocks.
leeleez
is it fake? how does it work... i reckon its too confusing
TreadStone
you did them by yourself???they really look good ...but its also some kinda frustrating for me because I never wanna use such a computer..
snowboardalliance
I'm confused, is it a fake picture you made? Or a real thing?
silvermesh
if you haven't figured it out yet, look at little details, like the cat, in the picture on the laptop hes on his back, and in the actual picture hes on his tummy. look where his paws are going, and trhen look at the other end of a paw above the one thats sticking out the side Wink

This is still a pretty cool effect. I'd never have the patience(or a good enough digital camera) to pull it off Wink
MMFAN
Yep. Its basically a applied background and opacity on the start menu changed. But its a pretty cool effect
xorcist
That looks nice they should make a real one. but make it like a projector.
Guelila
Did you make these?
cause I saw them in a nother site about a month ago.
At first, I thought they were real, but I noticed some errors and knew that it was fake..
Lol
ashok
hey is it practically possible to build such things?
youbeenhackd
WOW! Thats pretty sweet. Its almost futuristic like
I wish laptops were really like that Sad
WAF
nice i like it
n0obie4life
I saw it before, on the newspaper. Some people really got tricked by it and called the "author", asked him where did he buy the laptop.

Basically, he took a picture. Then made it background. Spent an hour or prolly a few just to make it seem like its transparent.
lillythelich
wow nice =)
lituhanian
hmmm Think it is like real one but i dont think this one can bee
i will try to get more information about this leptop
Motoracer380
haha i like that
Dragonfly
ashok wrote:
hey is it practically possible to build such things?

yes, have the entire screen as webcam sort of thing and it will appear like that..
Caxius
omfg Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked this is technology hahaha
avblue
That's too cool. Smile
Marcio
look,

Really you made an excellent work.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
You have as to kill my curiosity, you she has as to explain as was made this Question

Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink
lpbrasil
wow is very cool this ibook, i never see that, very nice.
Pixel
I'm glad I don't have one o these. I would go nuts and couldn't go to school...Where can I buy one? ;D
Rheac817
i woudlnt mind working with one of those. i'd be really confused tho.. maybe keep it against a white wall.. hehe
kruze
They are wicked I'm going upstairs right now to make some Very Happy
ocalhoun
All you would need to do is mount a digital camera (or maybee a camcorder) to the back of the computer.
Add the appropriate connections, and a little software wizardry and it could work!
SamGung
very nice, done with photoshop i am guessing, i like them. Good Job! Applause
superdanyo
That's a goo idea! Very Happy
duckling
hmmm they're super Smile

this laptops can make in the real Smile just a flat camera at the behind of the monitor Smile

there was a coat like this Very Happy when you wear it, people can see your behind from front Very Happy

so you become like transparent Razz
Che
I can't imagine typing a word document in one of these... too disturving...
dogancanozturan
it's funny idea Very Happy
Innocence_Faded
they are well done pics. But it is obviously fake. easy to get it...
sarvjeet
thats good
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
I saw it before, on the newspaper. Some people really got tricked by it and called the "author", asked him where did he buy the laptop.

Basically, he took a picture. Then made it background. Spent an hour or prolly a few just to make it seem like its transparent.

That was what i was going to say. That is most likely what he did. Looks pretty cool though.
abone
I agree with you.. Cool

MMFAN wrote:
Yep. Its basically a applied background and opacity on the start menu changed. But its a pretty cool effect
Xploder
duckling are you referring to this? http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/02/07/japan.invisible.ap/
Yeah it can be done, you can make a trasparent house from the inside but from the outside it could be all brick. You could also make it look like you're on the beach or on mars Very Happy, or in a major city... when all you could be in, in reality would be underground.
umair_9001
nice post dude..Awesome laptops..Cant wait to get my hands on these...Must hav a high cost.. Very Happy
Helios
Very cool Very Happy

Soon this kind of laptops(their screens) will be on the market.

Heh, you can make anything that's behid the screen as the Desktop Background Cool
phinguyen
lolz, i remember this trend, i have a couple of pix of my own laptop with the "clear screen" lolz, i've posted them up on my xanga. closing the laptop is your friend when doing this. have you guys seen the exeptional work on the flat screens people have been doing this with? the trend blew up so big last year that it was being done with everything, cell phones, PSPs, DSs, regular monitors, PDAs, i mean everything lolz. i havent seen any new onez lately, i guess the trend just kinda died out. kinda lyke a digital art movement in the millenium.
Lennon
I think they use a new technology called optical camouflage.

http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html

The back of the monitor has an X-tal Vision detector at the back which projects the image onto the monitor at the front.

The cat looks fine to me.
Technaut
i have seen things like this... inside US warships, the maps that are made of glass and stand up in the middle of the floor. they do things like that. some kind of technology. of course, it hasn't hit the commercial market yet. i can't wait though. but these i think are fakes. but they would be perfect for people who want a differant "desktop".
manhattan<3
So awesome. Not sure how you were able to pull it off, but still pretty cool.
zhangleisk
hah? I can't believe this is true. You must made them using some software like photoshop, i guess. but really looks nice.
jaysen
hmm.. i can see it now... they will invent them.. i will buy one... i will come home drunk one day, and reach for something behind it, smashing the screen..... DOH!