FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Chrome + Frihost Forums txt error..

jabce85
I'm an avid user of Google Chrome, but when I come on to these forums and want to post something, the frihost forum always messes up displaying my text until I resize my typing window.. The text either is not displayed or is ghosted.......

please note: this only happens in the text blocks where you type the text before you post a message..... (the box I am typing in right now)
Asap170
It might of just been from the DDoS because I tried logging into Frihost via Google Chrome and it wouldn't work. So I tried old Faithful (IE8) And worked fine. So she what happens in the next few days as the Adminstrators try to clear out all of attacks.
polly-gone
You could always just try using a decent browser like Firefox or Opera or Safari or even IE8. Google Chrome is one of the worst browsers, in my opinion.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Asap170
polly-gone wrote:
You could always just try using a decent browser like Firefox or Opera or Safari or even IE8. Google Chrome is one of the worst browsers, in my opinion.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile

Google Chrome rocks. FireFox I used it and it takes forever to open. Even with 1GB Ram and only two programs running (Virus Software (Background) and MSN) Google Chrome opens way faster and search is faster! IE8 is a tank and I still like it. Sorry this is really off of the topic.
polly-gone
So wait that extra 15 seconds it takes to open it to get a better browser! I am a web designer and I have no trouble designing for Firefox, Safari, Opera, and even IE most of the time. But sometimes things come out weird in Chrome.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
deanhills
polly-gone wrote:

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
You couldn't have said it better for me. And this is what was going through my mind too. One of the things I dislike about Google is its bots crawling all over whoever it has something to do with. So I imagine if Frihost is not Google Chrome friendly, then it just confirms my suspicions about Google's intrusive bots. Google is very aggressively commercial in its objectives and I'm most happy Frihost is Google Chrome proof. Smile
Hogwarts
deanhills wrote:
One of the things I dislike about Google is its bots crawling all over whoever it has something to do with.

You fail to understand the complete, utter ignorance behind that statement Sad

How else would Google know the contents of a page (and thus be able to search it) if it didn't have bots look at the page? Every search engine does this. Search engines cannot know what's on a page without looking at it first Confused

deanhills wrote:
So I imagine if Frihost is not Google Chrome friendly, then it just confirms my suspicions about Google's intrusive bots

If Frihost isn't Google-Chrome friendly, Frihost is broken.

deanhills wrote:
and I'm most happy Frihost is Google Chrome proof. Smile

You're losing credibility by the gallon here. Google chrome is a perfectly legitimate, high-quality browser. Your entire post has made no coherent sense or argument against it. Why are you hating on Google chrome for absolutely no reason?
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
You're losing credibility by the gallon here.
Hopefully entirely in the eye of the beholder Twisted Evil

I have a Google e-mail account. I only use it for commercial e-mails for travel arrangements, etc. As that account generates Google links on both sides while I am writing my e-mails. When I log into that account it is full of advertiser links. That for me is the Google bottomline. Some may feel OK with it and I'm happy for them. I don't, as although I realize we can't have complete privacy when we are surfing online, I try to hedge my bets a little and Google is like the Wild West in that regard.

This is why I don't like the idea of Google Chrome:

1. A discussion on what Google gets to see and use when you use Chrome:
http://coderrr.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/google-chrome-privacy-worse-than-you-think/

2. More info on cnet, as well as a follow-up article when Google went on a promo-defense
2.1 http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031661-56.html
Quote:
The auto-suggest feature of Google's new Chrome browser does more than just help users get where they are going. It will also give Google a wealth of information on what people are doing on the Internet besides searching.

Provided that users leave Chrome's auto-suggest feature on and have Google as their default search provider, Google will have access to any keystrokes that are typed into the browser's Omnibox, even before a user hits enter.

What's more, Google has every intention of retaining some of that data even after it provides the promised suggestions. A Google representative told CNET News that the company plans to store about 2 percent of that data--and plans to store it along with the Internet Protocol address of the computer that typed it.

In theory, that means that if one were to type the address of a site--even if they decide not to hit enter--they could leave incriminating evidence on Google's servers.

2.2 Follow-up article when Google went on a promo-defense
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-10038963-46.html?tag=mncol;title
Bondings
I'll check it out on Google Chrome on Vista. And please don't create a browser war in this topic, instead do it in the appropriate forum. Wink

By the way, I'll probably move this topic to Frihost Support (in a few days) since this is rather a bug report than a suggestion.
cr3ativ3
Haha, I'll add my 2 cents... In my opinion Google Chrome is meh, it doesnt have the amount of add-ons or extensions that Firefox has (I cant live without the Web Developer Toolbar). For the most part Firefox's rendering engine is kinder to developers. It may take a few seconds to first start up, but its much faster once you start get browsing.

Perhaps I should comment on the error, that is being discussed here... It seems wierd that a DDoS would have any effect what so ever, so I assume it has to do with something else.