FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much do you spend on your mobile?

Donutey
I'm using ATT wireless in the US and I pay USD 44 a month for 300min plus nights/weekend.

Mine's a bit cheaper than usual because of a discount, but it's still a lot over a year Shocked.
polly-gone
My family have a Verizon family plan and we spend about a hundred bucks a month for 800 shared minutes between all of our phones and unlimited Verizon-to-Verizon texting, plus 50 texts to non-Verizon people.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
tuenti_login
I usually every month spend around $45!!
czarulit
20 PLN a month, which equals ~USD 6.
polly-gone
Oh my god.... my 50 texts + unlimited Verizon-to-Verizon texts alone costs me $5 dollars a month! Where do you live? I oughta get a phone from there.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
czarulit
I live in Poland. I have got for this 2000 sms to everyone in Poland and over 200 min also to everyone in Poland.
driftingfe3s
I am on a family plan with T-mobile. There are four lines connected with 1000 shared minutes and free night and weekends and free mobile to mobile to other T-mobile customers, and unlimited text messaging for all of us. It totals to around $125. We don't use anywhere near 1000 minutes so after our contract is up i'm shifting it to 700 minutes which will cut the price by $10.
Triple_7
Been with Centennial Wireless since February. $50 a month, 400 anytime minutes, free incoming calls/texts. Also free Centennial to Centennial. Free nights and weekends starting at 10pm. Not a bad plan really. Rarely use more then 80 anytime minutes though. Would be nice if they had a smaller plan with say 200 anytime minutes so I could save a few more bucks. Everyone either calls me, or they have Centennial too so I really have no need for 400 minutes Rolling Eyes
kriszara
I bought a pay-as-you go and I put $100 on it at a time. I get 1000 minutes for $100.
I don't download games or ringtones or wall paper, just use it for calls.
I have to put about $100 per year on it.
Vladalf
About 5$ a month but I haven't used it for half a year. Sad, right?
~Vlad
apple
I have a prepaid phone. So when I need credit I just buy a card and 'top up'. I'd say I spend less than $20us a month.
BigGeek
Gosh everone seems to spend a lot less than I do. I spend 89.00 USD everymonth, but I get 2000 minutes with roll over, unlimited texting and interne access for that price. I've been with AT&T now for 3 years but I'm thinking about switching and going with one of the all inclusive plans that has unlimited talk time, texting, emial, and internet.

Although I do not have a land line at my house, the only phone I use is my cell phone. I used to be with sprint, and they were terrible, I've been thinking lately about a blackberry from verizon and like I said an all inclusive plan, or if I stay with AT&T I can get an I Phone. I haven't really decided yet.
desonium
I think I need 10 euros each 2 months Cool
I'm just using a prepaid. Bit old fashion, but good enough for me Cool
william
Well, at first I was spending about $20 a month for, I believe, 300 minutes a month. Since then my payment has gone up to $60 a month after increasing to 1000 minutes and a data plan (and I think I get something like 400 text messages as well). .
Magicman
I have AT&T Prepaid and only put about $20 a month on it. I use $5 a month on a texting package and the rest goes mostly into call time(which is a bit on the the expensive side unfortunately).
ratanegra
I use 4$ a month for all my calls and messages... My mobile is worth 10$, it's called "El Vergatario" since my president said so...
missdixy
I have T-Mobile and I pay about $100 a month for two lines (my mom's & my own) with unlimited texts and 700 shared minutes. Oh, and we both have "My faves" a well! Now if only we had rollover minutes Sad
apple
desonium wrote:
I think I need 10 euros each 2 months Cool
I'm just using a prepaid. Bit old fashion, but good enough for me Cool

prepaid is the best!!! Twisted Evil
airh3ad
I buy 300 load monthly and there is a free 100 txt good for one month.
Easyway_Lover
I use prepaid and I only recharge when i'm out of credit. Since I don't make a lot of calls or send a lot of texts, I can last a few months on just $3o credit. Even when I'm nearly out of credit, I make my friends call me instead so i don't lose as much money.
Diablosblizz
$45 a month for unlimited texting and maybe like 100 minutes? It's a rip off, so I'm switching to Rogers which is the exact same thing but $10 cheaper! Very Happy
apple
The first prepaid card that I put on my phone gets me double credit!! Twisted Evil
Ghost Rider103
Only $45 a month for your cell phone plan?

This really makes me feel like I am over paying. I pay over $150 a month for my cell phone plan. Shocked

I'm still trying to think why mine would be so much higher than everyone else. I'll have to look into that.
crimson_aria
I'm on prepaid too. But I'm thinking of subscribing into postpaid cause I seem to be spending too much on my mobile these days. and it's bothersome to buy prepaid load every time.
Xaferrow
my prepaid card is "AXIS";

i don't spend much, just Rp. 10,000 a week (Rp. 10,000 = $1USD)
So i spent $4 USD per month
william
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

This really makes me feel like I am over paying. I pay over $150 a month for my cell phone plan. Shocked

I'm still trying to think why mine would be so much higher than everyone else. I'll have to look into that.

$150?! Shocked Do you have unlimited minutes, texting, and data? That's about the only way $150 would work out. What carrier do you use?
mathiaus
I spend a rather scarily 40 (GBP) (approx $65 USD) per month on my iPhone on a 18 month contract.

This includes 75 UK minutes and 125 UK messages with unlimited UK Data and insurance .

This is on top of the one-off 275 charge I paid and didn't include a dock or car charger or any other nice little accessories.

I wouldn't change it though, except maybe get a lower capacity one (cheaper!) as I don't use 32GB anyway.

GhostRider103 - Your plan is excessively high. I think you are overpaying and should change ASAP! Very Happy
Bluedemon
Usually, I use about $20 a week on Telstra and about $49 on Vodafone.
In a month i use about $200 dollars, And i use it alot for work etc
Crinoid
Zero minutes, no mobile at all. I'm free-e-e-e!!! Laughing
hellotracy
around 50 USD
Utopia GFR
I spend about 10 per month (maximum 20 ) while using a Prepaid-mode card.

The main purposes of my old-fashioned Nokia are simply calling/receiving calls & short message service Smile

Before my old mobiles broke down, I used to like downloading Java games (and using the Wap service) but that's not possible anymore Sad
crossroads
Well we only have cell phones for our family and it is just my wife and I on the plan. We have Verizon which is a 600 minute plan, the lowest you can get, which starts at $60.00 for the main line and then extra lines are $10.00 each. Now this sounds very cheap for phones when you may have multiple lines but what they dont include and share with you at the store is all the taxes and fees included. Every extra line after all taxes and fees is over $15.00 for the line and then any extra plans like text messages or data or insurance plans on top which normally start at $10.00 and go up from there. Also this tax and fee is put on the main line which ends up being over $70.00 plus any extra plans you have on it like texts and data. After everything is added up our bill each month is around $110.00. We know that its high but its what both of our families use and this allows us to talk to them any time of the day and as long as we want. Also for where we live it gets the best coverage. I know many people with AT&T which get dropped calls and lack of service all over the place that Verizon does not. I hope to change plans in the future to a cheaper provider but for the time being it is what we have to go with. Its not really a choice but just what we need to do.
Ghost Rider103
william wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

$150?! Shocked Do you have unlimited minutes, texting, and data? That's about the only way $150 would work out. What carrier do you use?

Yes, I have unlimited everything. That would be the reason it's so high.

I have Verizon.

I live in a very small town, and theirs only two cell services available in this area, and the other service I don't even know what it's called, it's something for the Natives that get free phones and live on the reservation and all that.
natilovesmike
We use AT&T and I think we spend close to $100 but my husband gets internet and we have unlimited messages and calls pretty much anywhere in the US. I am not absolutely sure about the price though. Sometimes I think it is expensive, but it is something we do use a lot so for the most part is worth it.
kubacz
I spend only 20 PLN (1 PLN = ~0,348$) on my moblie monthly. it's heyah from Poland Wink

I have there everything what I need Smile
blackheart
I'm on a Virgin plan where I pay 35 AUD (about 30 US, or 20 EUR) per month for:

- unlimited calls/text to people on my network
- $140 in other calls/text
- 50mb of internet
- a Nokia Navigator (aka I'm locked in for 24 months, then keep the phone)

Reading through, I think I should note that in Australia you only pay for the calls/texts/etc that you make.. paying for some of the texts/calls other people make to you seems like such a strange concept haha! If you can't control something, why should you have to pay for it??
the-guide
I has been using PDA phone and usually spend just around 25 to 30 USD for a month including the Internet connection. Smile
ankitdatashn
I recharge normally rupees 200 per month, as 1dollar equals 45 rupees so that makes roughly 4 Dollar a month.
Melacos
Actually I have my parents pay the bulk of the deal... That said, I actually don't use that much, as calling from it is definitely at a minimum, and messaging below average I'm sure... The only thing that might cost a little, would be the internet access, that is really hard to manage in terms of keeping it cheap...
Helios
About 27$/month.
I pay that for 5 hours. Don't use SMS/internet.
deanhills
Helios wrote:
Don't use SMS/internet.
Neither do I. I don't like bells and whistles on my phone, so probably has the cheapest Nokia. When there is a crisis in the family, the hours add up on it, and I can spend 100US$ on it or even more. But under normal circumstances my hours cannot be more than perhaps 2 to 3 and cost 30US$ or a little more. Our landline service for local calls is free, so I use that most of the time.
Helios
Quote:
Neither do I. I don't like bells and whistles on my phone, so probably has the cheapest Nokia. When there is a crisis in the family, the hours add up on it, and I can spend 100US$ on it or even more. But under normal circumstances my hours cannot be more than perhaps 2 to 3 and cost 30US$ or a little more. Our landline service for local calls is free, so I use that most of the time.

It's not like I don't use new and expensive cellphones.
I use JAVA applications and games, and I need a really good sound quality (for mp3's), so I usually takea new sony-ericsson W-series phone or a good new Nokia.
I'm a lot on the road and today a small cellphone can be a big source of entertainment.
hamza1122
i only usually put 30 bux credit on my phone when i use it because i don't really need that much credit. i don't use it that often.
Peterssidan
I don't know exactly how much my calls cost per minute. I don't use it that much. More if someone wants to phone me. But some periods at school I can have to use it more frequently due to working in groups. Maybe I spend 150 SEK (21.9 USD according to Google) a year. But It varies a lot each year and I don't keeping track of my costs Wink so it has been much less and more some years.
ForceRun
I just bought an Iphone 3G S, which I'm very happy with. It cost $230 from the main att.com site, after taxs and fees, with my work discount I pay $65 a month for 450 mins and unlimited data.
Denvis
Lol! I don't spend much each month to maintain my phone. Normally what I do is, I give my friends a little prank call, thus making them call me instead of vise versa Very Happy I try to avoid texting. The keys on my phone are horrible to text with.
chengg
50 dollars for several months,
I personally do not think that you will need to spend so much in calls.
There is other ways of communicating for free, including msn, and talking to them face to face (:
or even arranging them to talk in weird places, ie games.
When you call to someone, think again, is it really important?
Roflcopter
like $2 a month from an odd text and all...

Dont use my phone mainly for calling or texting just use it for the music and the games Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ronbonzo
Usually less than $7 USD per month. I have pay as you go with T-mobile with roll over minutes. I bought their cheapest Nokia ($20) phone which only has speech and text. I give out my number sparingly to relatives and close friends and tell them I'm not a chatterer. I still have a home phone with an answering machine that I can remotely receive those messages.
Insanity
I have a family plan that comes out to around 50 bucks a month for 4 lines... also, I've included a text plan for about $5 a month, so I suppose the total comes out to around 60 dollars a month. But this is not bad considering it is split among four different lines. But since I have sprint and everyone else I know has ATT, it means less free calls for me... although sprint does have extended nights to 7pm, which sort of makes up for it...
todabeat
since i live en mexico, almost everyone uses pre paidplans,and i use more msg and phone line.

so i spend about 10 bucks a month
goutha
I have a pre-paid phone. I charge it with 10$ to 20$ every month. I don't really use it so much and a pre-paid phone is perfect for me.
ProfessorY91
I pay about $45.00 per month as a University employee (discounted rate) for T-Mobile, four lines, including home line via the internet. Its a complicated setup, but a very nice rate. And no, there has never been an interruption in service whatsoever. The only complaint that I have is that T-Mobile phones are pretty much garbage, so you have to buy (and unlock) a phone from another carrier or cellphone making company ... if you want something other than an unattractive nokia brick phone in your hands.
supernova1987a
whats the reason spending too much time and money on cell phone? use it only for important matters. save money. use the money for some good cause. in fact, it will also save energy.
Most important thing is that if the line on cell phone needs to be open during emergencies. So keep it free.
Just pay the regular price.
chatrack
Now a days another Mobile company is there in our locality named Aircell, which is offering the lowest
Internet Provider Charges. about 100 Rs per month ($2 per month)

My mobile cost me 200 RS per month right now.
Zaini711
I guess about USD 5 a week would be a fair figure. On the phone side, I dont feel like using anything facy with lots of 'bling bling' but never use feature. My ideal phone would be a tri-slot sim card (currently i'm using dual slot sim card phone), with good voice quality. I don't need the extra things, not evven a camera.

For me, a mobile phone is a tools for me to communicate via voice or sms....
Ghost900
No Mobile cell phone so my bill averages $0.00 but I may get a phone soon with a $20.00 bill.
chatrack
I am thinking of changing my mobile carrier, to Aircell. it is cheap
since it is new to our locality. It has cheap internet connection
charges in prepaid basis also.
I think my average mobile bill be Rs. 120 per month.
malcolmpreen
about 5 (GBP) per year.... I rarely call anyone... I only have a mobile so I can be called....

Malcolm
Starrfoxx
I have a Net10 prepaid phone. I don't use it very much. I'll use it to stay in contact with my wife if I'm at work, or she'll call me if there is something of importance. I'll also use it on job applications.

What's nice is that I can get 300 minutes and 90 days of usage for only $30. At the rate I use my phone, that's about $10 a month or even less. I love my prepaid phone. It works really well for my daughter too, because she doesn't get a whole lot of calls. She has a Tracfone.

Now, my wife has a Verizon phone and pays about $25 each month, because it's on the family plan with her mother. Not a bad deal, but I'm glad that it's just one phone. Otherwise we'd be forking out $50 each month, which is quite a bit of money when you are not on a high income. At any rate, that phone gets used a lot and we use it as our "gab phone", since we can talk unlimited to other Verizon phones.
Ankhanu
I'm paying $65/mo after taxes, 911 and network fees.
This gives me 200 minutes, 1000 texts and 6Gb of data. Unfortunately about a month after setting up my contract I was offered a job outside the city and I now spend weekdays about an hour drive outside of my network coverage area. If the iPhone were't useful as more than a phone I'd be completely screwed, but at least I can use it for other things while I have no cell signal Razz

Does suck to be paying monthly for a service that I'm basically not using though :/
mattyj
i spend $0 a month on mine

provided by work - free for me to use as i like , no questions asked

not that i use it that much anyway, just call my missus when she visits her mum and ring my mum and thats about it
mattyj
Ankhanu wrote:
This gives me 200 minutes, 1000 texts and 6Gb of data. Unfortunately about a month after setting up my contract I was offered a job outside the city and I now spend weekdays about an hour drive outside of my network coverage area. If the iPhone were't useful as more than a phone I'd be completely screwed, but at least I can use it for other things while I have no cell signal Razz

Does suck to be paying monthly for a service that I'm basically not using though :/

Thats a weird setup

In australia we sign up with a provider and can use the phone anywhere in the country
joostvane
I live in Belgium, and my network providor is Proximus.

I spend 15 EUR/month, and I can spend that money only on calling. Because I pay 15 EUR/month, I get as a BONUS, unlimited text messaging to all networks, international.

Edit: because of you are discussing coverage a bit aswell; I'm covered anywhere by proximus in Belgium, if I go outside of Belgium, my free text messages won't work anymore. I'd have to pay them off my 15 EUR.
raaeft1
I have four mobile connections for myself and my family and the average bills total Rs. 4000 per month which is bit on the higher side. Of course, I use GPRS which increases the bill.
satery
OMG last time i spend about 100 pounds on my phone now i spend 200 pound next year its going to be 300 pounds Smile
Stolich
15 euros, I get 5000 texts for that and of course my 15 euros that I use when I need to phone or check things on the Internet.
ProwerBot
I don't have a clue, my dad pays for my phone.

We are on verizon with 4 people sharing, 1000 texts per line and unlimited to verizon/alltel customers, and around 10000 minutes shared.
Guelila
I used to be on a $45 iPhone data plan here in Chile, but since Im going to move out of the country soon, Im currently on a prepaid service only Smile I think I use about $5 per week now Smile
BRzdOwN
I have a version wireless plan for unlimited texting. And I do text a whole lot. this plan costs me about 40 dollars a month.
Jamestf347
My family spends about $100 bucks, 1500 shared talk minutes. Sprint, Unlimited texts, picture mail. ect.
paskifire
about 4 dollars a month Very Happy
nam_siddharth
I think call charges in India is cheapest in the world. 0.01 Rs/sec in my case. Some operators are offering 0.005 Rs/sec. I spend about 300 Rs (approx. 6 USD) per month on mobile.

PS. 1 USD = 50 Rs(approx.).
TurtleShell
Does this count text messaging? My partner and I text message to each other off and on all day during the work days. If we're counting time actually spent talking on the phone, probably only a few hours a week. Time spent texting? Probably another three or so. We chat all day long, and exchange important logistical information (my partner and I) when it's inconvenient to actaully talk.
Ankhanu
mattyj wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Thats a weird setup

In australia we sign up with a provider and can use the phone anywhere in the country

You have cellular coverage everywhere in the country? As in you can't stand anywhere that you won't get signal? Or do you mean you can use it anywhere in the country where there's a signal (ie. any city)? Given that Australia has almost as much uninhabited land as Canada, I can't see that...

I mean, I can use my phone nation wide... as long as there are cellular towers I can connect to. I just happen to work about 80km away from the nearest cellular tower that my provider is authorized to use.
chatrack
I am planning to take a new carrier connection. the sim charge is zero (free sim) and
it's validity id Life Long. Here we have a heavy competation in carrier company
so the price is going down.

In kerala it is Seconds billing, that is you are charged of the "seconds" you talk.

Presently almost all carrier companys are giving 1paise=1second means

1USD = 45 minutes of talking time.
pll
I pay $40 a month.
I'm looking for something better, maybe an iphone or android, but I'm still not decided.

Wireless is kinda crappy here in canada!