FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music player

Sentinal
just wanted to know wot music player u guys use, i have winamp but there must be something better out there?

any suggestions will be much appreciated Very Happy
icugaming
Personally, I like Windows Media Player just cause it's nice and simple. But I'm hoping to be getting a new computer and installing Linux on it, so I will obviously switch to something different.
ANGRA
I only use Winamp Confused
TreadStone
ANGRA wrote:
I only use Winamp Confused

I use Winamp lite..because it uses less system resources..and works fine for me ..
XeononyX
Hello all, this is my first post here.

Winamp is far superior to Windows Media Player. The skins for Winamp are fantastic. If you you use the new MSN messenger, messenger has the "show what you are listening to." option that is pretty cool but there is a Nullsoft snap-in that makes Messenger look at Winamp instead of WMP. WMP is a resource hog and has a nasty habit of renaming your files and locations.
Rafe
i use creative media source cuz it came with my mp3 player so it works well for that typa stuff.
Zibé
I only use foobar 2000, this player is simple,
the quality of sound is very good because it uses
all the perfomances of your sound card.
Another thing, this player can read mp3, mpc or all music files
when they are in a .rar or a .zip file Very Happy
Vempyre
Winamp. Winamp is great.
Caxius
i use winamp and real one player Wink
tidruG
I've been using QCD ever since I first heard about it.... it's the best... uses the least amount of system resources and it's sound engine is definitely much better than Winamp (I can say this from experience)

www.quinnware.com
XeononyX
Whoa tidruG! excellent program I downloaded it and it does seem to fit my needs! I'll be trying it out and see if it handles my DJing needs, thanks for the find!
Dimaod
tidruG wrote:
I've been using QCD ever since I first heard about it.... it's the best... uses the least amount of system resources and it's sound engine is definitely much better than Winamp (I can say this from experience)

www.quinnware.com

Yes tidruG I am agree with you....
QCD is works faster than Winamp and playlist is loading faster...
Sound are cool in QCD(you can download a lot of modules and plugins fro it)
http://www.quinnware.com/downloader.php?qcd=full&intl=en
QCD 4.51(Last Version)
aniitopia
I use Itunes. I used to use something else but I got a new computer and couldn't remember it.
comsci18
i think winamp is great to play MP3 music
windows media player is good at play windows media files
Power DVD is good to play movie files and movie cd or dvd
nakamaru
I use media player classic.
icugaming
Winamp is just too much for me.
valo
VLC Mediaplayer. It has all the codecs, and you can play every mediafile you want.
petgraveyard
I use iTunes, but I don't really support the company who makes it.

Once iTunes was improved to the state it is in now, I decided just to try it out, and I couldn't resist the excellent organization of the whole thing. The library is well sorted, playlists are easy and effective (click-and-drag), it has a comprehensive interface, and the new version 5 has an improved GUI. The music store is also very useful to hear clips of your favorite songs, although I only buy CDs, I don't download music.
necron-lord
I'm using Windows Mesia Player and Win amp
just what I want to do
phileplanet
Windows Media Player for short term,
MusicmatchJukebox for long term,
and Bsplayer for rams and movs
Hoogeveense RAT
I use only Windows Media Player. I use it it when I've music at my PC, and it's no problem to use this programme.
MatthewDoe
I use Window's Media Player and like it because everything is out there and you don't have to go through searching for anything. I also use RealOne Media Player because I have a palmOne handheld computer that only runs RealOne so to put music on that I have to use RealOne. I like it too but some of that stuff with getting an account for all of that can be a little confusing and time consuming.
MasterC
Foobar 2000. Nice player, just try it. It hasn`t fancy skins or fancy plug-ins but it the best "music" player in my opinion. Just give it a try Wink
jarcelao
Best music player and jukebox for me is iTunes! Apple definitely got it right. Very easy to use, nice library management features(especially if you have a growing music library of songs), sound quality is one of the best without any plugins enabled and of course, seamless integration with iPod.
break-the-rules
I've got, Windows Media Player, Real Player, iTunes and Winamp, but I only use Winamp.
arch23
for music - winamp. becuse of the keyboard shotcuts. i can no et use to anything else. i really need this feature.
for video - bsplayer. it is lite, quick, powerfull and free.
cheezay2000
icugaming wrote:
Personally, I like Windows Media Player just cause it's nice and simple. But I'm hoping to be getting a new computer and installing Linux on it, so I will obviously switch to something different.

Yah I use Windows Media Player as well....for DVDs and junk I use RealPlayer, though. idk...WMP is rather nice I believe.
erik
Windows Media Player, I don't have something else, so I'm stuck with it

anyway, it works fine so i dont mind...
mtoni
I use 1by1 player...
It's a sort of explorer type player...
Pro - It's really small -> little proccessing and it can handle almost every audio type

con - it can't play video files
dtdojo2
I use Windows Media Player 10 because of its plugin with msn to show what your listening to

I alos have Real one Player but I only use that for videos
dingdong666
U use only Winamp..I am using version 5.
When I install winamp, I take off visualizations, modern skin support and few other crappy unwanted things.
I like just the plain classic skin and the speed.
Anyways, my NForce Audio Mixer gives me good presets.
Thats more than enough for me.
whoa
I was using Winamp but all my friends that they used iTunes and how much better it was so i eventually downloaded it and now use that instead.
It is more organised and i think it looks beta (Like all mac OS X themed designs)
g_unit90
I only use Winamp
RuthlessGSTA
i use window media cuz its better and on msn messenger yuor contacs can see wut you l;isten to
ddukki
I use Winamp, but I'm starting to lean towards Windows Media a little. If Windows had MP3 VBR encoding capabilities and some more compact skins, I would switch to it, but until then, Winamp is my boat.
Mc_EDO
I use windows media player and real player and when I wanna convert mp3 or audio I use acoustica mp3 convertor Smile
Cream
I mainly use Itunes but for anything that doesn't work on it, I either use Windows Media Player or VLC
Bomberb05
its all about winamp 5 newest version that they come out with Very Happy

i love the dsp plugin, its great not to mention that they host SHOUTcast which is incredible Very Happy
ositedagalera
I use the Windows Media Player 10, because it had a good design and many things that other players don't had, but I use the MusicMatch Jukebox too, because it's very light and easy.
Hanpusu-kun
iTunes.
I have an iPod, so its perfect for me.
I really like the podcasting function to, its easy and simple.
And making playlists haven't been easier and smarter.
blazej
I use Windows Media Player 10
aerialdreams
I use soo many different players. At first I just used Windows Media player, but then all the songs I downloaded from this one site had to use real player. I got tired of that quickly cuz it's so limited, then I started using Winamp. Both that and Windows Media player worked pretty well, so I just switched between them, but now since I have an iPod and I use iTunes too. so yea, i use 3 different ones!!
elekis
i use xmms but I m under linux too so...
xpitadmin
I use winamp and sometime windows media player.
prongs_386
windows media player due to its good organisation of artists
DarthSilus
what can I say? I only listen to music, who cares about the screen when listening to music?
I use Windows Media Player... very versatile; from hurls to God knows what else to WAV's.
XeononyX
Whoa For the Quintessential player I found a plug-in that taps into your MSN messenger for "what i'm playing now" bye, bye WMP and Winamp Quinn is #1 now.

And hey:

I broke mine a while back and it still runs great!!!

edit: I got so excited I forgot to share the link to the plugin: http://www.quinnware.com/list_plugins.php?type=general
Twikki
I use Windows Media Player and iTunes
root
I usually use ncmpc which uses MPD and beep media player.. I want to try amarok, the music management features in that are apealing
todabeat
itunes, and Real for videos.
hsadmin
Sentinal wrote:
just wanted to know wot music player u guys use, i have winamp but there must be something better out there?

I use a whole bunch, but mostly Windows Media Player.. When I want to listen to MP3's, and WAVE files of the internet, I use Quicktime. For watching some online vids, I use DivX. For putting music onto my Sony NetMD I use SonicStage, and I sometimes use WINAMP
Lennon
Winamp, Finale or Cubasis for MIDI's
Windows Media Player or Winamp for MP3's and WMA's
MusicMatch for ripping CD's (My WinMediaplayer won't play CD's)
And PowerDVD player for playing music cd's.
Realplayer for videos.
mike1reynolds
I want to normalize and convert all of my MP3 files to WMA. Well, I'm sure I want to normalize, and I've heard that WMA files are smaller and give CD quality at 64Kbps. Anyone know if that is true?

So what is the best normalizing program? (That is, making it so that all the files are at roughly the same volume level.)

Also, I download a lot of old standards (for which there is no copyright) so I end up with a download directly chuck full of unfamiliar songs that take me a long time to decide if I want to keep or throw away. When I decide to keep it I want to move it to another directory. It is excrusiatingly difficult to do, none of the players that I can find will do it so I have to go into windows explorer, find the file and copy it from there. I found a program that will copy playlists, but it won't delete the copied file. So I found another program that will compare directories and let me delete files from one directory that is in both. It is still a pain in the butt, in fact, if I'm only doing one file this is harder than the original method. If the music player would allow me to copy files it wold be VASTLY easier. But I've googled and googled and googled and I can't find a program that will do it?
madamex-7
i've been using itunes since before i ever bought an ipod. ease of use is just ridiculous. simple interface. LIGHTYEARS better than music match.
mike1reynolds
madamex-7 wrote:
i've been using itunes since before i ever bought an ipod. ease of use is just ridiculous. simple interface. LIGHTYEARS better than music match.

So does it allow you to move files around to different directories? I know that iTunes puts files into it's own directory structure, or alternately that it will consolidate the files into one directory, neither of which is what I'm after.
XeononyX
http://www.mymusictools.com/download/mp3-normalizer/
XeononyX
http://www.mymusictools.com/download/mp3-normalizer/

(sry bout the doublepost)
PuNGS
I use XMMS since I use Linux, but I have used Rhythmbox and amaroK too, and I think amaroK is the best. It has some nice library organization tools.
stevebox
I use the Windows Media Player - I think it is the most simple one and the most interesting. I know that a lot of you don't want to help microsoft, but i think it isn't that bad... Laughing
xl64
I use iTunes, cause i have a mac and it's quite simple to use, it does all I want Wink
storken
i use VLC media player.

it takes almost all formats and by the side i have a equalizer.

Xear3D or something. it work great for me!
PoweredDeath
iTunes and Pro Winamp for music.
mike1reynolds
Today I discovered that RealPlayer will allow you to move a file on the disk drive, which was the actual answer to my question. It appears to have nearly as many library fields as WMP, which is the main issue I had with Winamp. In every other respect I preferred winamp to WMP. WMP uses too many resources, is more prone to crashing, and doesn't always find the right codec (I have some MP3, perhaps they are VBR MP3s, that WMP just wont play). If RealPlayer can measure up to winamp in these respects, it wins hands down.
rUiSu
AmaroK, it simply rocks
Blaster
I have a creative zen micro. It holds 6gb of music and has a radio. When i got it because it was christmas it was like $130 but now it is like $200.
shigajet
I like Winamp and iTunes. Winamp works really well without using up too many resources, and iTunes is great for organizing the music library, mixing it up (Party Shuflle) and syncing with my iPod.
eku53ru
I am also a Winamp user, but I've tried other ones before. I heard foobar2000 is pretty good, but it wasn't to my liking (mostly 'cause it mangled some of my non-English IDtags that appeared just fine in Winamp).

I had iTunes once, but I never really used it to play music because I thought it was a requirement to install if you wanted Quicktime. I've heard that it has its pros and cons; what I can say is that its playlist buildling feature is pretty good/impressive.
Nolt
foobar2000 rocks the best player on windows i ever seen, the best sound and stuff like playlist bars like in firefox Razz If you can hear the music not only listen it so u will see differents if u use somthing else than foobar2000. Also i use XMMS on linux.
breaktheRULEs
I use Winamp
warallthetm
I love the skinnable features of Winamp, also its compatibility with most file types. Real player sucks, Windows media player sucks, and most secondary player also sucked. Out of all the players i have used i think that winamp is the best. Then again thats just my opinion Wink
sty58
ı lıke to use winamp because it's very sincere
webek
I prefer winamp, but I like windows media player 10 too?
Do you use 11?
Trotoar
I use Winamp and i like it's simplicity the most...sometimes is really bad that all codecs are not supported but almost all of my music is in mp3 format so that is not such a big problem. I usually hate when comapnies make ALL IN ONE player, but that's it.
xkobram
i use winamp for music beacause its very simle and it has great plugin support. But i think it still uses too much CPU(my 2-10% Sempron 2600+).

For video is best player WMP, but settings of subtitles is very difficult - i needed to change it, so i downloaded BS Player. Good player is also Jamp, but it has many problems with codecs and subtitles...
Sebaci
Sentinal wrote:

Of course there's better program, Foobra2000 www.foobar2000.org
Winamp is too "heavy" and not so stable, and has worse quality of sound
IAMED_2
Winamp doesn't have bad sound quality, it's that other players have built-in sound-enhancers. Winamp plays what's there.

I like Winamp the best for mp3s and such because it sticks all the stuff I want to use into the smallest un-cramped area possible. Most other players are either huge with tons of features or tiny and featureless. Winamp is exactly right for me.

I also use RealPlayer for CDs, MusicMatch JukeBox Plus for library stuff (its tag features are WAAAAY better than iTunes'), and finally BSPlayer for video.
telugulive2006
Great question..!!
I am using windows media player, winamp, real media player, quick time player, VLC media player... man among these the best player which i like to play the songs is winamp(latest version). One of the best player to play MP3 songs it has got different sound adjustments, which is good way to hear.
Guys if u would like to then Download Winamp.
Shewolf
jarcelao wrote:
Best music player and jukebox for me is iTunes! Apple definitely got it right. Very easy to use, nice library management features(especially if you have a growing music library of songs), sound quality is one of the best without any plugins enabled and of course, seamless integration with iPod.

I've tried winamp for mac, quite an interesting experience... It did not work well, not at all, so I stick to my dear itunes Smile
mckenneth
ITUNES is great!
bercha
I use winamp and windows media player.

I wish there's an Itune in my computer
macfly
I mainly use iTunes. I sometimes use windows media player and real player
quartnee
I use Windows Media Player and Musicmatch Juxebox. Musicmatch is really great. I like the skins that can be downloaded, and it's really to edit music information, like you can do a whole group of songs at once. I've tried with WMP, but it mostly messes up when I try, but WMP has it's pluses too.
fiendskull9
i use amaroK

-clay
lujango
winamp, without a doubt

specially by the great variety of plugins for sound enhancement and other cool stuffs