FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost downtime or it's only my internet?

D'Artagnan
in the last 2 days i've been experiencing some problems, both my sites and frihost don't seem to respond at times, i'm having some problems with my ISP and now i don't know if it's happening here on my isp or it's happening o n frihost side?
Bondings
D'Artagnan wrote:
in the last 2 days i've been experiencing some problems, both my sites and frihost don't seem to respond at times, i'm having some problems with my ISP and now i don't know if it's happening here on my isp or it's happening o n frihost side?

It is/was definitely on our side. The server was probably unreachable for the biggest part of the last 24 hours.

The main ip address of the server still seems to be down for me at the moment of writing this, however the Frihost website is on a different ip than the main server ip and I guess this ip is working again since half an hour.

All that I know is that it was most likely a big DDOS and that the datacenter is working on it. My apologies for the downtime.
inphurno
Is the denial-of-service attack directed at our servers or at the datacenter where our servers are? Hope its not just us, we are so nice and free why would anyone attack us Crying or Very sad
Aredon
Glad to see things back up for the most part! I was worrying quite a bit last night, and I'll probably be backing up all my data early this month. Laughing
Bondings
inphurno wrote:
Is the denial-of-service attack directed at our servers or at the datacenter where our servers are? Hope its not just us, we are so nice and free why would anyone attack us Crying or Very sad

I think it is directed towards the main server ip or a website on it, considering that the frihost.com ip has been working again, while the main server ip is still unavailable.

Otherwise, I have no idea; the only feedback I got was:
Quote:
When we checked, we could see that your server is under high DDOS attack. NOC is still working on this issue.
Aredon
hmm didn't this happen last year to server two around the same time?
alvarorojas4
But all the files are safe?

And when will be up my site ? Sad
polly-gone
This lack of service started worrying me. I was thinking Frihost got shut down or something. So glad it's just something as simple as a denial of service attack.

-nick Smile Smile Smile
eday2010
D'Artagnan wrote:

My site has also been down, so it's not just you. I am glad they are working on it so quickly Smile
evilryu530
im just glad its back up. thank u guys for working so hard on frih.
the-guide
It's seem that this problem happen longer than ever, hope it is fixed very soon.
Thank very much for your hard work.
dude_xyx
I hope this will be fixed soon. I have one of my main sites here. But its seldom we face a downtime here. So just hope everything will be ok soon.
rebeltrooper
we hope the sites are all good, thans for the support bondings!!!
Vanilla
My site is still down. Just hoping it'll be back soon. Very Happy
Bondings
Please don't worry about the websites, the server is completely intact, the problem is a DDOS, meaning all the bandwidth is maliciously (or due to some mistake, but not likely) being maxed out, causing the server to not respond anymore and also disrupt the network of the datacenter.

Anyway, the main server ip was nullrouted (which seems to be the target of the DDOS). Since the frihost.com is on a slightly different ip address, I guess it started working again after the nullrouting.

The websites should be accessible tomorrow since the nullrouting is for 24 hours, so I guess around 12 am GMT (rough guess), it should hopefully be normal again.

@Aredon, we already had a few DDOS attacks (at least claimed by the datacenter/techs). However this time the ip was nullrouted, which never happened before.

My apologies for all these problems.

By the way, you can still access your DirectAdmin from one of the other ip addresses of the server, like http://64.92.163.27:2222/ .
alvarorojas4
Thanks for the direct admin link...

And also thanks for the info Smile
polly-gone
I'm so glad the sites will be back soon. I am in the middle of a HUGE redesign and this is kinda annoying. Smile

-Nick Wink Smile Smile
ptpmonitor
Wow~!

Whats a great day today. I was such a big tension in last 2 days. All of my sites are here and my total trust is on frihost. For the recent Ddos attack my all sites are now unavailable to reach.

Its good now that right at this moment we can access our admin control panel. I will now continue my designing. Hope total frihost server will okay soon and my visitors will got it!

Cwel!!
Thanks to administration a lot!
the-guide
Thanks very much.

wombatrpgs
Is it just me or did the main site just come back, like, now?
cr3ativ3
Yep it seems were back online!
Bondings
Everything seems to be back to normal again. If there are any changes or news I'll keep you all udated.
polly-gone
I am sooo glad its back. I have a client who has an app that I made for them that accesses one of my databases. They weren't too happy about it being unavailable for 4 days.

Thank you Bondings!!!!

-Nick Smile :0 ;0
silverdown
Im glad were back, I was fearing I wouldn't be able to post to keep my points positive.... PHEW!!! Shocked ..... glad where Good again.....Frihost the best hosting I ever had!!!
Aredon
yeah I was worried when it was like half-up yesterday and then gone again. We need like a side-server for news updates about the main server if this happens again :O.
alvarorojas4
Thanks for the work!
Now is online again Very Happy
wombatrpgs
Aredon wrote:
yeah I was worried when it was like half-up yesterday and then gone again. We need like a side-server for news updates about the main server if this happens again :O.

Hm, or I heard there was an external status page showing the Frihost server status stuff?

But yeah, I was refreshing Frihost every two or three hours... sad.
cr3ativ3
wombatrpgs wrote:
Aredon wrote:

Hm, or I heard there was an external status page showing the Frihost server status stuff?

http://frihost-status.syte.cc/

Bookmark it.
polly-gone
That Frihost status page is handy to give you statistics, but if you can't get onto Frihost, I think its obvious that it is down. Smile

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
dude_xyx
Glad to see everything has become normal again. It seems servers everywhere having problems.
Bondings
I have created a Twitter account to inform users about downtimes like this (when frihost.com also gets down). It's http://twitter.com/frihost with tag #frihost .
cr3ativ3
dude_xyx wrote:
Glad to see everything has become normal again. It seems servers everywhere having problems.

Ya alot of DDoS attacks have occured this summer, even check out the wikipedia page for DDoS more incidents have occured in the past 2 years than have occured in the years before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ddos#Incidents
Asap170
cr3ativ3 wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

Ya alot of DDoS attacks have occured this summer, even check out the wikipedia page for DDoS more incidents have occured in the past 2 years than have occured in the years before:

I wouldn't it say it's normal yet. Because The search doesn't work.... and I think the Servers are a little slow, but that just be my computer. The techs need to clean up servers. Spring cleaning early I guess!
Bondings
Asap170 wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

I wouldn't it say it's normal yet. Because The search doesn't work.... and I think the Servers are a little slow, but that just be my computer. The techs need to clean up servers. Spring cleaning early I guess!

The search process simply needed to be restarted. I do have to clean up the servers, though.
the-guide
Very glad that everything back to normal and thank you very much to "Bondings" for your hard work.

Appreciate and thanks a lot again, respectfully.
inphurno
cr3ativ3 wrote:
wombatrpgs wrote:
Aredon wrote:

http://frihost-status.syte.cc/

Bookmark it.

if this tool is hosted on a frihost server it won't work when frihost is down, which isn't that helpful. its true that if the forum is down i guess we could assume that the servers are down but that would not necessarily be true. is there anyway we can setup a status tool that is outside of frihost servers?
wombatrpgs
inphurno wrote:
if this tool is hosted on a frihost server it won't work when frihost is down, which isn't that helpful. its true that if the forum is down i guess we could assume that the servers are down but that would not necessarily be true. is there anyway we can setup a status tool that is outside of frihost servers?

I was under the assumption that that tool was external.
handfleisch
seems that my site has been down for quite some time today. Are there regular down times for Frihost? Or is it random? Is there a problem currently?
malcolmpreen
handfleisch wrote:
seems that my site has been down for quite some time today. Are there regular down times for Frihost? Or is it random? Is there a problem currently?

I have also been unable to access my site for most of today.... ftp or http access

http://www.hockeystats.frihost.net/

Any news much appreciated...

Thanks, Malcolm
Bondings
malcolmpreen wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

I have also been unable to access my site for most of today.... ftp or http access

http://www.hockeystats.frihost.net/

Any news much appreciated...

Thanks, Malcolm

Anyone else on server 1 had any problems? When I was online, everything was fine, so I couldn't check what the issue was.
darkeagle
I have database problem. It's unreachable...
Bondings
darkeagle wrote:

After restarting mysql, the website in your signature seems to work again. Please check on your end if everything is ok now. My apologies for the problems.
darkeagle
Bondings wrote:
darkeagle wrote:

After restarting mysql, the website in your signature seems to work again. Please check on your end if everything is ok now. My apologies for the problems.

It seems OK. Thank you...