FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Mortal Instruments

phantombr
After the success of the series of strident Twilight by Stephenie Meyer that basically talks about the love between a vampire and a mortal as well as involving werewolves, a new series is coming and conquering timidly many fans of Twilight, only this time the vampires come out and go angels, that's right, angels! But these angels are different, they are Nephilim (half angel and half human).
This is The Mortal Instruments Series of Cassandra Claire, the stories revolve around a world where the Nephilim (half angel/half human offspring indirect Raziel) go around the world in order to protect humans from dangers coming from demons or half demons (werewolves, vampires and others). In addition there are three deadly instruments to be protected at all costs, because if they fall into the wrong hands can cause major damage.

Cassandra Claire lives in Brooklyn, New York, and is currently writing a new series The Infernal Devices that also involve these mystical beings that inhabit our imaginations.
Is this more a lottery? Win as many fans as in Twilight? Who knows?
The series has already been to Europe and Australia and promises to reach other countries. One thing sure, if the series come to Portugal and do a good success there, the chances of the series also come to Brazil are many.

To learn more about the Trilogy or the author visit:
http://www.mortalinstruments.com and http://cassandraclare.com

The First Book, City of Bones:

The Second Book, City of Ashes:

The Third and final book, City of Glass:
kutekitten
I just bought this trilogy, I haven't started reading it yet (I have to finish some books that I'm borrowing first) but they sound really good. Any reviews from people who've read the trilogy, before I start reading them...
phantombr
kutekitten wrote:
I just bought this trilogy, I haven't started reading it yet (I have to finish some books that I'm borrowing first) but they sound really good. Any reviews from people who've read the trilogy, before I start reading them...

I stated this series of books for a friend to read, she's living in the United States now, so she bought. Yesterday I was talking to her, and she told me she finished reading the whole series, really liked it and already asked me to point out another series. Now it will look for another series of supernatural beings to indicate to my friend.
kutekitten
well, Cassandra Clare (the author of tmi) is also writing another trilogy, called The Infernal Devices, and the first book is coming next year (2010), I am in fact thoroughly enjoying the mortal instruments, and I'm halfway through the third book, I must say, it's an amazing trilogy, it's difficult to stop reading it just to post this Razz
phantombr
So now that I have the time again, I would like to read this trilogy. But really I prefer reading books by holding them, not just on the computer monitor, so I read a few (of many) that I have in hand, then I can buy these books I read them.
kutekitten
I bought them really cheap, hardcover and $11 canadian per book, and I'm currently lending them out to three different people Razz one book for each, I'm worried that one of them is reading faster than the others, so they're going to have to wait Smile But everyone loves them.
poopooface
I enjoyed the book and thought it was a good read and found it a little bit better that all those crappy books such as Twilight how vampires and humans are falling in love. I think there are already too many of those so I preferred this series much more.
crimson_aria
I took an interest in the books after I read somewhere that it's being compared to The Hunger Games. I personally absolutely enjoyed the Hunger Games. I just got the first two books, but I have not started yet. I will soon and post my thoughts. I hope I would enjoy.