FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Movie Experiences

TurtleShell
I mean, I LOVE movies, and I love a good experience in the theater. I think there's something totally engaging about watching a film on the big screen.

I was wondering, what have been your favorite movie-going experiences? I'm not asking what your favorite movies are, but what movies did you see in the theater that, for whatever reason, really left an impression? For example, here are mine:

Jurassic Park: I saw this when I was twelve or thirteen years old, on opening night. I was so intensely involved in the movie that I screamed because the velociraptor nearly bit off that girl's leg when she fell through the ceiling.

American Beauty: This had been in the theaters for a long time and was almost done with its run, so the theater was empty except for my friend and I. I don't think we were expecting this to be as powerful as it was. In the scene with Annette Benning, after she gives the open house, and she stands inside the darkened living room slapping her own face yelling, shut up shut up? My friend and I were so horrified we looked at each other and for some reason, we burst out laughing. Not because we thought it was on any level funny, but because it was so...disturbing it made us uncomfortable.

Scream: I thought I would never scream at a movie again after Jurassic Park (I was so embarrassed) but I screamed in this movie too. It happened in the scene when the chick is out on the porch talking on the phone, and she goes back inside and the guy steps out of the closet? yeah I just about fell out of my chair I was so on edge.

Up: Probably 60% the adults in the theater all cried at one time or another in this movie. There were some seriously emotionally charged scenes. I was so impressed.

Blair Witch Project: This was the most intense opening night I've ever gone to. The Internet Hoopla designed to generate rumors that the movie was true brought teenagers in droves. They packed the theater but then they all wanted to sit with their friends, the result being a lot of people sat in the aisles. This created the sensation that the theaters were actually over-packed. It felt like a true event. And I personally found the movie itself to be so scary--the scariest movie I've ever seen. It stayed with me for a long time.
Crorepati
In the film it is shown that two brother are escaping out of fear of murderers who killed their parents and elder boards a train while the younger is left behind, my small chile 5 yrears old cries s"stop the train" again and again and kept weeping for quite some time.
juezy
Probably seeing a scary thing for the first time is a good experience. I still remember the first horror movie i watched was real scary at the time but now theres just nothing about it.
juezy
I mean, I LOVE movies, and I love a good experience in the theater. I think there's something totally engaging about watching a film on the big screen.

I was wondering, what have been your favorite movie-going experiences? I'm not asking what your favorite movies are, but what movies did you see in the theater that, for whatever reason, really left an impression? For example, here are mine:

Jurassic Park: I saw this when I was twelve or thirteen years old, on opening night. I was so intensely involved in the movie that I screamed because the velociraptor nearly bit off that girl's leg when she fell through the ceiling.

American Beauty: This had been in the theaters for a long time and was almost done with its run, so the theater was empty except for my friend and I. I don't think we were expecting this to be as powerful as it was. In the scene with Annette Benning, after she gives the open house, and she stands inside the darkened living room slapping her own face yelling, shut up shut up? My friend and I were so horrified we looked at each other and for some reason, we burst out laughing. Not because we thought it was on any level funny, but because it was so...disturbing it made us uncomfortable.

Scream: I thought I would never scream at a movie again after Jurassic Park (I was so embarrassed) but I screamed in this movie too. It happened in the scene when the chick is out on the porch talking on the phone, and she goes back inside and the guy steps out of the closet? yeah I just about fell out of my chair I was so on edge.

Up: Probably 60% the adults in the theater all cried at one time or another in this movie. There were some seriously emotionally charged scenes. I was so impressed.

Blair Witch Project: This was the most intense opening night I've ever gone to. The Internet Hoopla designed to generate rumors that the movie was true brought teenagers in droves. They packed the theater but then they all wanted to sit with their friends, the result being a lot of people sat in the aisles. This created the sensation that the theaters were actually over-packed. It felt like a true event. And I personally found the movie itself to be so scary--the scariest movie I've ever seen. It stayed with me for a long time.
rajpk
yeah

nice experience to see movie in big halls

watcher of movie fell very deeply to scene of movies
Enterprise
I've been working at a movie theatre for the past two years so I've been able to see just about every movie that's shown in that time for free, most of them on or even before the official premier, which has made some even better. Some of the most memorable experiences:

The Lord of the Rings Return of the King: I wasn't working at the theatre yet when I saw this but it stands out as one of the most memorable experiences because I was absolutely obsessed with the whole franchise and I got to dress up as Frodo for the premier and get my picture taken with a bunch of other people who were also dressed up. It was the best time, after it was over the whole audience applauded and more than just my eyes were wet when we left.

Star Trek 2009: I'm a huge Star Trek fan so again I dressed up for the premier, which was actually on that Thursday afternoon at an advance showing. Because I did work there, I got to hang out in the theatre with my working coworkers and advertise the showing. People gave me the Vulcan salute all day, it was so much fun. Then at the movie, the theatre was packed with Trekkies who all pointed out the little special things that only fans of TOS would notice to eachother. The entire theatre cheered whenever a character quoted their original, it was great.

Harry Potter 6: This one is memorable because a dozen of my coworkers and I all took the day off so we could camp outside and be first in line. We had a big tent with a table and a TV. We spent the day playing poker, Trivial Pursuit, Harry Potter Scene-it, and Catchprase. We even had a grill so we cooked hotdogs for lunch and supper and roasted marshmallows for dessert. We had more than one group of people in line tell us how jealous they were they hadn't thought to do the same thing. We were practically lord of the geeks, it was awesome. What's better was we had all seen it the night before, in an employee-only midnight showing, so we already knew when it was better to watch the audiences reactions than the movie itself. That alone made it much better.