FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Amex Warranty

Tony The Tiger
I think I have asked about these before, but I do not think I got a response. I bought my 160 GB iPod classic on 9/12/07 with a two year extended Apple Care warranty and a Hewlett Packard notebook computer on 2/8/07 with a three-year extended warranty on my American Express Gold Card. Does the American Express Warranty protection apply to extended warranties?
ocalhoun
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Does the American Express Warranty protection apply to extended warranties?

Probably. You need to read up on the policy papers that came with your amex card to figure out exactly how.
It might be that it only covers it after the manufacturer's warranty expires, it could be concurrent, with two warranties on it for two years, and only one for the third year, after one expires, it could be that it doesn't cover it at all when a manufacturer's warranty is in effect.
Tony The Tiger
My iPod froze up with three days remaining on the original two-year extended manufacturers warranty. I took it back to Apple and they replaced it and gave me a 90 day limited warranty on the replacement. After 90 days, I guess I will have to hope that nothing happens or worst case that American Express will cover it if anything happens within a year.