FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP Ultimate

nivinjoy
Is there something called XP Ultimate edition...?? What is it and how does it differ from Vista and Windows 7...??
seristi
There is something called windows xp ultimate edition but it was not released by microsoft,they customized the icons menus etc to make it look like vista, also it has some additional programs preinstalled. I heard that these unofficial .iso releases has trojan horses int them but i dont know for sure.. As far as background technology concerns, it is exactly like xp..
nivinjoy
Did you say it is not released...?? But last day i was told by my friend that he was having the installation for the XP ultimate and it is visually more excellent than the normal XP and moreover than the Vista..!!

May be you can help me by providing links to screen shots of Windows XP ultimate,if you know...!!
seristi
No there is a misunderstanding, i meant it is released but microsoft did not have anything to do with it. it is unofficial release, therefore all customizations in it are unofficial,you are right it is better looking than xp, however, it is not reliable.

hunnyhiteshseth
As seristi mentioned there is no official XP ultimate..

but yes, there is an XP- Plus pack available from Microsoft which contains some additional games & softwares,
nivinjoy
Ya..my friend said that he is ure that it is released...!! And said that it is also called XP black edition as the appearance is more black sort of thing...!!
mOrpheuS
Windows XP home page wrote:
Windows XP Editions
  • Home Edition
  • Professional Edition
  • Media Center Edition
  • Tablet PC Edition
  • Professional x64 Edition

Any other "editions" that you see floating around, typically on P2P networks and file-sharing sites - are illegal copies of Windows XP.

Most often these copies have had additional themes/software/tweaks (and, quite possibly, malware) added to them - which gets preinstalled when you install Windows XP.
nivinjoy
mOrpheuS wrote:
Windows XP home page wrote:
Windows XP Editions
  • Home Edition
  • Professional Edition
  • Media Center Edition
  • Tablet PC Edition
  • Professional x64 Edition

Any other "editions" that you see floating around, typically on P2P networks and file-sharing sites - are illegal copies of Windows XP.

Most often these copies have had additional themes/software/tweaks (and, quite possibly, malware) added to them - which gets preinstalled when you install Windows XP.

So you say that it doesn't exist...!! Thanks dude...!! I had got the information from my friend and he said it exists...!!

Anyway can anyone see the following topic and help me out in that...?? It is also related to Windows XP..??

The topic is...

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-109742.html
inchirieri
the ultimate version is loaded with apps and drivers