FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Job

nivinjoy
Hi all...,

This,i write with great pleasure and happiness...!! And i feel very proud too..!! The thing is that i got a job..!! I joined the same university college in which i studied my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering as T.R.A which stands for Teaching Research Assistant..!! I have also been given the post of Mechanical Department System Admin..!!

I joined on 7th August (2 weeks before) and first week went smoothly but this week its turning out more hard i think because we are having a Technical symposium named Mechigun (http://www.mechigun.co.cc/) in the next week and we have to work hard to make everything happen nice..!! (So i missed a lot of Frihost in last two weeks...!!)

I am also doing my Masters in Computer Aided Design and once i complete the degree i will be given the post of full time faculty in the department...!! So i have to wait till 2011 to complete the degree and once i successfully complete it i can become the faculty...!!

So i request all of you guys out here in Frihost to pray for me and wish me the best so that i can perform the job well and also study well for the Masters program...!!!
coolclay
That's fantastic. I am so happy for you. It sounds like a really cool position. I have always wanted to work in higher education and someday may get the opportunity too. Once I go to grad school I hope to do a teaching fellowship or something. Anyway I will certainly pray for you!
soljarag
cool, I would love to get a master in Computer Aided Design

what programs do you use? I love Solidworks, Rhino and 3dsmax

checkout my website: www.mclatworthy.com
nivinjoy
hi friend happy to know that you would like to do masters in CAD...!! Ansd also i checked out your site..!! Its cool mann..!!

Anyway about the software we use... Currently we are in first semester and we use Pro E and in the coming semesters we would use Ansys for analysis too...!! It was only recently that our labs got installed with Solid works and i am waiting still to have my hands on it...!! Heard that it is very easy and advanced than any other packages..!! What's your opinion...??
deanhills
nivinjoy wrote:
Hi all...,

This,i write with great pleasure and happiness...!! And i feel very proud too..!! The thing is that i got a job..!! I joined the same university college in which i studied my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering as T.R.A which stands for Teaching Research Assistant..!! I have also been given the post of Mechanical Department System Admin..!!

I joined on 7th August (2 weeks before) and first week went smoothly but this week its turning out more hard i think because we are having a Technical symposium named Mechigun (http://www.mechigun.co.cc/) in the next week and we have to work hard to make everything happen nice..!! (So i missed a lot of Frihost in last two weeks...!!)

I am also doing my Masters in Computer Aided Design and once i complete the degree i will be given the post of full time faculty in the department...!! So i have to wait till 2011 to complete the degree and once i successfully complete it i can become the faculty...!!

So i request all of you guys out here in Frihost to pray for me and wish me the best so that i can perform the job well and also study well for the Masters program...!!!
Congratulations! You're on the roll. And CAD is such a good profession to choose. I know of many students who paid their way with helping out with CAD projects at consulting engineering and construction firms. Full time Faculty is great. One of these days you will be a Professor then! Smile
soljarag
nivinjoy wrote:
hi friend happy to know that you would like to do masters in CAD...!! Ansd also i checked out your site..!! Its cool mann..!!

Anyway about the software we use... Currently we are in first semester and we use Pro E and in the coming semesters we would use Ansys for analysis too...!! It was only recently that our labs got installed with Solid works and i am waiting still to have my hands on it...!! Heard that it is very easy and advanced than any other packages..!! What's your opinion...??

Haha, I'm currently learning Pro/e. Solidworks is VERY easy to learn and since you have a ME degree I'm sure you'll like it....

I think Pro/e has far better surfacing tools than Solidworks (although I have been able to model some pretty curvy things in it) So thats the reason I am going from Solidworks to Pro/e

I also JUST got my first "real" full time job at an engineering firm Smile I start in Sept and can't wait
nivinjoy
soljarag wrote:

I also JUST got my first "real" full time job at an engineering firm Smile I start in Sept and can't wait

Congrats mann...!! Which firm..?? By the way what is the latest version of ProE..?? I got the installation of ProE Wildfire 4.0..But it showed it is a preproduction version..?? So i didn't install it..Instead i installed Proe Wildfire 2.0..!!

Is there any risk i using ProE Wildfire 4.0 Preproduction..?? Will all the features be present as in earlier versions..??
qaamit
If you're (or if you would be) a student or unemployed... will you attend to an unpaid internship?
The company will provide food (lunch, breakfast, tea and coffee) and transportation.
The period is one to three months... you will work (and learn) around 6 to 8 hours/day...
Betboy
soljarag wrote:

your website is cool .I like it,can you tell me something about it?
my MSN:joehzc@msn.com
Jamestf347
I also JUST got my first "real" full time job at an engineering firm I start in Sept and can't wait

congratulations man Smile, i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time doing this job, and if its something you like good luck!
soljarag
Betboy wrote:
soljarag wrote:

your website is cool .I like it,can you tell me something about it?
my MSN:joehzc@msn.com

what do you want to know about it ? Smile send me a pm

I'm not quite sure what the latest version of pro/e is... the only "risk" is it may be buggy and crash alot... not sure about features

I'm working for gandy technologies, they do alot of pipe threading design and use solidworks for analysis.... so far I've been here 2 weeks, and I have aLOT to learn about thread terminology ... but it will be fun
jinsdhie
from now on i am graduating what job is the best to work with i am a bs computer sci