FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum description troubles.

ocalhoun
There's a problem.
The 'Education' forum within the science category is conflicting with the 'Jobs and Learning' forum in the Lifestyle and News category.

Now, I know there wasn't supposed to be any conflict between the two, but people are misinterpreting the science forum, and ignoring the Jobs and Learning forum.

Either the descriptions of the two need to be changed, or one of them needs to be eliminated.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
There's a problem.
The 'Education' forum within the science category is conflicting with the 'Jobs and Learning' forum in the Lifestyle and News category.

Now, I know there wasn't supposed to be any conflict between the two, but people are misinterpreting the science forum, and ignoring the Jobs and Learning forum.

Either the descriptions of the two need to be changed, or one of them needs to be eliminated.
I've noticed it too, but I've also noticed that the discussions in the education under science are generally of a better quality. I would like to suggest that it gets re-named to science education. Perhaps Chris could have a better suggestion as I think (I could be wrong) he had something to do with getting the science forum up and running.
Ghost Rider103
I personally think over half of the forum categories need to be redone. We really have duplicates with the description just worded differently, or just includes one more subject in the category.

But I personally think the Education category should be removed, and all the general learning/education be posted in the Jobs and Learning section. That way we can still keep a jobs category. It wouldn't make much sense to have a "Jobs" forum and an "Education" forum. This would be creating more of a problem than we already have.

For example, education actually has a lot to do with jobs. People would ask what college would be best to go to for whatever job. This will create confusion, and we will have a mix of the same subjected threads in two different forum categories.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
But I personally think the Education category should be removed, and all the general learning/education be posted in the Jobs and Learning section. That way we can still keep a jobs category. It wouldn't make much sense to have a "Jobs" forum and an "Education" forum. This would be creating more of a problem than we already have.
I don't know about this. The science forums are really well put together. All of it fit together, and the discussions in the science education forum are generally different ones. I think there are a place for both. The general learning/education would be more general, most of the time, and include postings related to jobs as well. For example if there were to be some proper attention paid to the IT and Website design forums, perhaps there would be a place for education of IT that would be good in that forum and mostly different than the general one. There will probably/hopefully be plenty of postings related to online training, and sources of IT and Website design training, etc., also the different kinds of training that are available. We'd want more specifics than in the general education forum.