FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email forwarder problem

zbale
This is a request for help (not an emergency, though, see workaround below):

I host two domains on my account, whatever1.net and whatever2.org

I have set up email accounts and forwarders for contact@whatever1.net and contact@whatever2.org to forward emails to my gmail account.

The first one works perfectly with immediate forwarding, the other one does not work at all (though the amount of mail in the mailbox accumulates so I believe the mail is received by contact@whatever2.org, but not forwarded to gmail). I have set up and deleted the email account and forwarder several times so there is no chance it can be a spelling mistake.

An obvious workaround is to use the gmail POP3 mail importation tool ("settings > accounts and importation"), but I would like to understand what is wrong with the forwarder (if there indeed does the problem lie).

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thank you for your advice.

PS: a detail which might be of importance: I first set up the email account and forwarder before the pointing of namerservers to frihost was finalized (sorry if I'm not using the terminology properly, but I guess you get my meaning), i.e. while the parking page was still the registrar's (now my website is up and running without any problem, and I have tried recreating the email account and forwarder several times ever since, to no avail).