FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Streamlining suggestions

deanhills
I would like to make a suggestion for the Suggestions Forum to be streamlined. Along the lines of either accepting or rejecting the suggestions, and then closing the thread/s.

Maybe it can be made into two sections:
1. Suggestions for discussion
2. Suggestions for approval

If it should look as though there is a good suggestion, it needs to be moved to the "For approval" section (with voting buttons for moderators/Bondings), so that the suggestion will either be approved or declined, and closed, or referred back to Section 1 for further discussion.

Currently we have a number of suggestion threads that are hanging loosely. Some good suggestions have been made, but not decisively dealt with. This is making the suggestions forum pointless, and just a way of increasing postings for the sake of postings.
rvec
deanhills wrote:
Currently we have a number of suggestion threads that are hanging loosely. Some good suggestions have been made, but not decisively dealt with. This is making the suggestions forum pointless, and just a way of increasing postings for the sake of postings.

Nah they've all just been shot down Smile

We can't really accept or decline suggestions. For most suggestions we need at least some input from bondings, and for some even big code changes. And because bondings doesn't have a lot of time such threads sometimes go without input for a while and are quite pointless (because the users just try to work something out that isn't possible).

Take for example the frihost redesign thread. If it where for the mods and admins it would have been accepted (or some would have liked something changed in the design), and because of all the positive input luke worked out the whole design. Then bondings came by and told everyone he was working on something himself.
Ghost Rider103
But what about re-organizing the forums? Like my design forum suggestion, and Hogwarts Scripting forum suggestion.

I think this is something that the mods can possibly change. Depending on how high ranked you are in the staff, you should be able to make changes to forum categories.

Yes I am sure you would need the go ahead from Bondings to do so, but if he is so busy, all he needs is to say OK and let the mods deal with it.

That of course is a bit off topic because this same situation won't happen very often.

I sort of disagree with the main idea as well for that exact reason. Really the only person who could accept or decline a suggestion would be Bondings, and he doesn't seem to come around all that often. So I think it would be kind of pointless.

But even when Bondings said we would get new ranks if the members would figure out what ranks they wanted, the idea all the sudden came to a halt. It's really unbelievable how many people wanted new ranks, so Bondings tells everyone to figure out what rank names they want, and then the idea just dies.
rvec
maybe admins can change forums and categories, but mods can't.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Nah they've all just been shot down Smile

We can't really accept or decline suggestions. For most suggestions we need at least some input from bondings, and for some even big code changes. And because bondings doesn't have a lot of time such threads sometimes go without input for a while and are quite pointless (because the users just try to work something out that isn't possible).

Take for example the frihost redesign thread. If it where for the mods and admins it would have been accepted (or some would have liked something changed in the design), and because of all the positive input luke worked out the whole design. Then bondings came by and told everyone he was working on something himself.
OK, thanks rvec. I get the message. My normal nature is always a craving to create order, but chaos is also good, like playing sticks (are you familiar with the game)? You throw a whole stack of plastic sticks on the floor, and then have to manouvre them with sticks. Some "stick out", others get buried, but when you wiggle the ones that "stick out" then the ones at the bottom also stick out eventually! Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick-up_sticks