FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

5 Things Single Women Hate To Hear...PART ONE

subirbasak
Every time she hung out with her single female friends, the same gripes surfaced. Enough already with the how-to-snag-a-guy advice streaming from anyone and everyone as soon as status single was announced, they said.

Suddenly, Karin Anderson, Ph.D., assistant professor of psychology at Concordia University Chicago, found herself keeping track of what these single women were saying, replacing the strict academic research techniques she was used to with more informal polling.

What she found was a deluge of well-meaning advice being issued to singles that, while offered with the best of intentions, not only wasn't working but was making singles' skin crawl.

"The message to singles tends to be that they're doing something wrong, 'You're too this' or 'You're not enough that.' Being single is treated as this problem that needs to be solved," says Anderson. "That's really bogus. We should be telling single women, 'You're fine. There's nothing wrong. Enjoy your life.'"

These five snippets of well-meaning advice to singles top Anderson's list of worst offenses. Watch out my next post for WHY?

tingkagol
Quote:
"The message to singles tends to be that they're doing something wrong, 'You're too this' or 'You're not enough that.' Being single is treated as this problem that needs to be solved," says Anderson. "That's really bogus. We should be telling single women, 'You're fine. There's nothing wrong. Enjoy your life.'"

This makes so much sense. Only downside is that single people tend to believe that indeed something is wrong with them when there really isn't, which makes them harder to convince otherwise.
iyepes
I thing a single woman thinks she is wrong, because she didn't want to be like that, but has no clue about how to change a situation she is not comfortable at.
deanhills
iyepes wrote:
I thing a single woman thinks she is wrong, because she didn't want to be like that, but has no clue about how to change a situation she is not comfortable at.
I don't think this should be gender-specific. In my experience, when one can embrace being single to the extent that you really enjoy and have fun with it in an environment with like-minded people, that is the moment when you become really attractive to the people you want to be attracted to you.

Bottomline, maybe you need to circulate for your own enjoyment and have fun as your priority, rather than see being single as a limitation to enjoy life. As long as anyone sees it as a limitation, it will remain a limitation.